Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adoptedbygreyhounds news

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 15, 11 at 9:38

It is with sad regret that I tell you that our future host for the Atlanta get-together passed away yesterday evening. Her family member relayed a message from Adopted that she wants us to go ahead with the get-together, and that what happened wasn't completely unexpected, but it was faster moving than originally thought. She really wanted to participate and hoped she could.

My thoughts, prayers, and heart are with her family.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adoptedbygreyhounds news

Oh dear, Rob, I'm so sorry to hear this news.

My thoughts and prayers will certainly be with her family in the days ahead.

Annie

o

I am so very sorry to hear this news.

My thoughts and prayers, too, are with her family.

o

I'm going to miss her. I remember her stories of her fur kids. Thanks for the update, I'll be holding her in my heart.

o

Very sad news. My condolences to her family and friends.

o

Oh No! This just breaks my heart. My condolenses to the entire family.

PEACE
Susie

o

Very sincere condolences to her family.

I am shocked; I was looking forward to meeting her so I was eager to open the thread. Obviously this is so far removed from anything I could have imagined when I read your subject line.

Cathy

o

I'm so sorry. I had no idea she was ill. Her family will be in my thoughts.

o

I had the same thing happen to me Cathy. I saw "message from AdoptedbyGreyhounds" in my inbox, and excitedly opened it only to find myself reeling. I'm still dumbstruck. I can't believe it.

o

What a shock and how sad. I don't know what to say except please pass on my sincere condolences to her family.

o

I'm saddened by this unexpected news. If her family sees this, Adopted will be missed by our community.

o

I am so terribly sorry. This is such a shock. Yes, by all means please send my condolences to her family.

Beverly

o

I too send my condolences to her family. She was such a fun and considerate member of the cf. Always open to suggestions and always thinking of how to help others.

She will be missed.
Jo

o

I am so sorry to hear this news. I too, was looking forward to meeting her. Please convey my condolences as well. So, so sad.

jude

o

I very much enjoyed reading her posts over the years in this forum and others.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

o

I am stunned and saddend by the news. I read her posts on a get together and thought "What a wonderful idea". I hope that someone can make her wish come true in the area.

I will miss her.

Peppi

o

My deepest sympathies to her family if they read this. I didn't know she was ill either and have enjoyed her posts, particularly as another dog lover. What a shock.

o

Oh man....my sincere sympathy to all of her family. I had no idea she was having health challenges. I'll miss her too.... : (

David

o

Wow....This is terrible news. I am simply stunned.

My most sincere condolences to her family.

Linda

o

I had to re-read the OP several times because I didn't believe what I was seeing. So sad.

Sue

o

I will pass along this post to them. Her daugther told me I can share the note, and so I will. Instead of anyone wondering. I am guessing it all happened so quickly, the note didn't get sent until this past Sunday evening. I hope this brings closure for those in shock. (((group)))

February 10, 2011

Dear Rob,

This is difficult to write. I felt I should let you know although I was very ambulatory a couple of weeks ago, I’m having a lot of problems health-wise, and I’m not going to be able to do the kitchen get-together, although I’d like to participate if I am able. I’m very weak and short of breath and can’t do much of anything for myself. Unfortunately this falls to you since you are the instigator (LOL). Unfortunately, no one from Atlanta ever stepped forward to participate. It would be really good if we could attract one person from Atlanta who could do the Atlanta hostess part, or switch it to Nashville -- that would be fine. At least a couple of people have flight reservations to Atlanta, so it wouldn’t be very nice to switch it to Nashville, but I’m leaving it up to you to resolve.

I’ll tell you, but I’m not telling the rest of the forum that I have lung cancer. You can call it health issues or weakness/shortness of breath -- whatever you prefer. My family is the greatest, and they will help you with any of this that they can help with. For future, I’m going to let you communicate with my daughter Meredith Hall who you’ll be talking to (see contact info below).

From previous threads, I had tallied up the people who wanted to participate -- out of the conversations and the regular threads and one personal email. It seems ‘Theresa in North Carolina’ had changed her plans, so she’s not coming and ‘AL' Alabama? (Al Montgomery?)’ and somebody in Minnesota/Wisconsin? is participating. One from Tennessee…

Thanks so much. Excuse me for having to load this up on you.

Sincerely,

Elisabeth (adoptedbygreyhounds)

o

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. My condolences to Elisabeth's family. It's a shock to lose one of our community.

o

This is unbelievably sad news. My heart goes out to Elisabeth's family. I will miss her too and will keep Elisabeth and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Lee

o

I am also in shock.....and so sad!
And this may not be appropriate just now....but am wondering about those sweet dogs?
Prayers for her family as they also deal with the shock.
Linda C

o

I agree about going forward with this in Elizabeth's memory. A Gathering of Greyhounds if you will.

I followed the original thread about getting together with plans to attend; I just held back until I saw the location and dates.

o

I'm joining with all in my greatest condolences to Elisabeth's family. We all felt like part of her family, and grieve her loss.

o

My thoughts and prayers go to her family and also to all of her friends here, she will be so missed!

o

Well Rob thank you for taking time to post this and keep us informed. Elisabeth (I never knew her real name) was such a trooper to keep going until the end. Live each moment for what it has!! She will definately be missed, she has been such a CF great member over the years. Please pass on my condolences to her family! We are with them in spirit grieving for their loss.

o

I'm so sad about this news; It leaves a hole in my heart, especially since my first golden died from lung cancer and I know how hard it was for her to breathe.

I feel her loss already.

o

I first "met" AdoptedbyGreyhounds a looooong time ago over on the Kitchen Forum. I can't remember all the topics we posted on...she was actively involved back in those days...but I do remember her significant help, several years ago, when I was trying to plan an extended European trip alone with 4 children. The trip never happened (Howard thought the kids were too young), but I saved all her notes and emails. Now that Howard has warmed back up to the idea, I had getting back in touch with Elisabeth on the top of my Spring To Do list.

It has been a few days after having learned the news...but it's still unreal.

"Excuse me for having to load this up on you." I haven't been in contact with her directly in quite some time...but that's classic Elisabeth, from what I remember about her posts and contributions, as well as direct contact I had with her back then. All she was going through, everything she had going on, she was tidying up...and apologizing for putting burden on someone. Still thinking of others. Pretty amazing.

o

How sad, I'm so very sorry and send my condolences to the family. We lost a kind and generous member of our community and she will be missed. RIP Elizabeth.

o

More condolences to Elisabeth's family and friends. Cathy, a Gathering of Greyhounds sounds nice. I'll never forget creating that peach chutney recipe in Janet's honor at Canny Camp.

o

What sad news, I had no idea. She will be so missed, my best wishes to her family.

o

Very sad... My condolences to all.

o

I just saw the news. I too remember Elisabeth from way back on the Kitchen Forum. My sincere condolences to her family and friends... human, furry and virtual.

Ann

o

What very sad news. We 'see' each other on here, but often don't know what's going on in each others lives. She was a very sweet woman and will be missed. I always had a special fondness for her because of her greyhounds as well. I had two retired racers a number of years ago. Condolences.

o

I am so sorry to read this and send sympathy and condolences to ABGs family. She was always so gracious and friendly on the forums.....

Alexa

o

This is so sad. I, too, send my condolences to her family. What a nice person she was. I enjoyed her posts about her dogs, and everything else.

Sally

o

Katie, That is a nice memory about Janet. I was thinking about her when I read this thread.

o

Wow, what sad news. She will be missed. My condolences to her family.

o

What a wonderful lady. Thinking of others at a time that most would be focused on themselves. My condolences to the family. Very sad news.

Duane

o

I haven't been by the forum for a while and just saw this -- my greatest condolences to the family. I am also a fellow dog lover and had enjoyed her posts as well. Rest in peace.

o

Oh my goodness. I was away and am just now catching up on CF news. This is so so sad. Adopted has been member of the CF family for so long. I had no idea she was so ill. I will miss seeing her here. If her family reads this, I am send my heartfelt condolences.

I always love her screen name!

o

Oh my, this is so sad. I don't pop in on the CF as much as I used to and I'm catching up as well.

All my love to ABG's family and everyone here at my CF family. We'll all miss her.

Kathy

o

I'm Meredith, Elisabeth's daughter, and I just wanted to thank you all for your very kind words. The things you wrote were touching, and some of them really hit home. Thank you for sharing your memories and for thinking of us. I know my mom would have been touched to have seen such an outpouring of kind thoughts from all of you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here