SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triciae_gw

Attn: Kathleen & My Coastal Friends South of Me

triciae
14 years ago

Good morning Kathleen,

My dear friend, I am sure it was an innocent oversight & you didn't intend to overlook that it's your turn to pull the plug on the Pond!

This is our 3rd day of coastal flood warnings/advisories & we are weary. This storm has developed a real fondness for us and, like an unwelcome visitor, is staying past its welcome. I am tired of yelling over the wind to speak with DH and he is only in the other room. I am also tired of standing vigil all night watching the water edge closer and closer. Somebody has to pull the plug and, in all fairness, I did it last storm so it's your turn!

During yesterday's lull in the action we drove from Stonington Point to Groton Long Point and, three hours after high tide, it was obvious the Pond is not draining and the tub would overflow yet again. Three footers were crashing over the seawall at GLP and even the seagulls looked soaked to their little bones and dismayed.

To my CF friends at coastal points south of me...please come immediately and reclaim your water. We have too much and part of it is rightfuly yours. These swells were generated from the Delmarva and points south. We can tell they belong to you because they contain dolphins. So, you can't deny ownership.

As DH and I were standing at the kitchen window overlooking our neighbor's back yard on Saturday night, we were discussing how the water was just creeping, creeping, ever closer as each hour passed. Then, BOOM, our neighbor's beautiful willow simply uprooted itself & crashed to the ground rattling our windows and causing me to make an urgent pit stop.

This morning, the tub is still overflowing and we have yet another coastal flood advisory due to this persistent tidal piling. The swells (again, YOUR swells, there's no denying that the fetch has come from your way my southern friends) are continually pushing water into the Sound and not allowing the Pond to drain. This is unfair. Again, I repeat, we have not slept in 3 days and are tired.

Kathleen, we would greatly appreciate your diving down to pull the plug well before our evening high tide.

And will somebody also turn off the upstairs faucet, please. We do not require any further water from above either. We have had approximately 10" of rain from these past two storms. My daffodils do not need additional irrigation.

Thank you.

/tricia (tongue in cheek)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz