SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

quilt top pics and thank you Sooz

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

Work has been crazy and I haven't had the time or energy to post much (or sew or cook!), but some of you requested pics of the quilt that I've been working on in a different thread, so here it is. It's not quite finished, I still need to put that border that's on the left side on all the other sides as well and then actually quilt the quilt and do the binding. This was my first quilt, and I made it by taking a 3 week quilting class at a local (not so local 45 minute drive!) quilt shop. Jasper loves quilts apparently. It's almost impossible to keep him off the quilt... every time I scooted him off, he jumped back on. I had to pour catnip to get him away from the thing so I could take a picture without him. I posted a picture of one of my vacuums on the vacuum collectors site tonight (which is why I'm posting this... I already had the camera out) and he was right there in the action too, the big ham. He didn't make the quilting process easy... he was running though the pieces as I was trying to place them and had just pressed them and that made things a little difficult. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out... some of the colors I wondered what was I thinking when I picked them, and I didn't do the best job spacing them (some of the same colors are touching, but it was a first quilt). Some of the pictures are a little washed out because of the floor lamp beside the bed, and I've discovered that the flash NEVER helps a picture look better, but you get the general idea ;-)

Special thank you to Sooz. She found about 5 quilting magazines in a thrift shop and sent them to me. I was very surprised and they are fun to look at... I'm enjoying them. Of course I think I like the sewing machine ads more than the actual quilting parts, but it's all fun to look at and read. Sooz, I don't know when you sent them as I only muster the energy to waddle down to the mail box about once a month, but thank you for thinking of me. You are very sweet :o)

Now that this project is almost done, I can return my energies on looking in to going back to and finishing school.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz