Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Miss Lou...

Posted by bcskye (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 22:53

To get any of his recipes, Google "Lou's" and whatever you're looking for plus "Gardenweb". That's how I do most of my searches for stuff on Gardenweb since the existing search onsite isn't always that great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Miss Lou...

Yes, that's how I always find recipes, I search "Gardenweb", add the poster's name if I know it and the recipe I'm looking for.

Search is pretty abysmal here, so it's the best way I've found.

Annie

o

What happened to Lou?

o

I was wondering the same.

o

Luigi, spero che tu stia bene.

Sol

o

Sol,

Je m'excuse mais je ne parle pas espagnol. Or is that italian?! Does it mean I hope you are doing well???

o

S� Rob, or rather, s�. You hit the nail on the testa :)

Espa�ol and Italian have their similarities, so it's not all that difficult for me to figure out the latter.

Anyway, yes, that was my message. I am hoping Luigi is well. I'll email him.

Sol

o

I miss him too!

o

I heard from him recently. My guess is that Lou misses us as much as we miss him! I'm sure he will appreciate the emails.

Teresa

o

:)

I too hope he's doing well (Sol) and miss him.

o

He should sign up with a new name. He wouldn't be the first.

o

LOL, FOAS.

jo

o

While I am still pretty much a lurker, I too, miss Lou.

maid

o

I must have missed something, which isn't unusual. I guess he hasn't been posting lately?

Sally

o

From what I understand, those who didn't like him reported his behavior (repeatedly, I assume), which could indeed be egregious, and railroaded him out.

o

I miss Lou, too.
Hopefully he will be back soon.

I always thought his humor,
his innovative use of ingredients,
his good (and often easy) recipes and hints,
And his willingness to share
Far out weighed any personality flukes
That might have come through.

It's too bad some consider his behavior egregious
Enough to let it get to them.
Perhaps they ought to consider
Taking themselves a little less seriously.
And maybe even being a bit more tolerant.

Rusty

o

I agree with Rusty, if a particular poster gets to me (and some do, on other forums) I am a grown up and can scroll on by. Personally I think the world would be a better place if forum tattletales in general just gave up their internet.

o

But do we know for sure that that's what happened?
I'm annoyed by many things on this forum and others, but I've never formally complained about any of them, and I'm pretty sure that's how most people handle things.

o

I agree with CC and Colleen. Lou has his opinions, but I never thought he crossed the line to the point where anyone needed to complain. Hope he is okay.

o

Lou is good although he misses being a member. I'm sure he would enjoy hearing from anyone that wants to contact him. You can contact me through my member page and I will provide his email address.

Teresa

o

I meant people were assuming that someone complained. Do we know that?

o

He really did get banned?? I can't believe that.

o

Let's not forget that regardless of who reports someone, or about what they complain, it's GW management that makes the decision to ban someone. So I suggest take up the issue with them if you feel someone's been treated unfairly.

I've gotten warning emails for some fairly innocuous posts, so apparently management's tolerance is pretty low.

There's still an email link on Lou's member page so I don't think there's a need for a middle man.

o

Well, Pam, no one knows that except Lou and all the people involved in the emails behind the scenes. It appears to be yet another way to stir the pot and disturb the peace.

In addition, I've been told by Gardenweb that there really is no mechanism to "ban" anyone permanently although they will ask people not to return when they become threatening, rude or behave in other obnoxious, rude or egregious ways and they will disable a sign-on, or have in the past.

Most have simply invented a new sign on and come back, so it's easy enough to get around. Others just like to email members and whine or cause contention that way, hoping they can drum up enough trouble to make them happy or get others to support their "side" of things.

Annie

o

If he still has a member page, doesn't that mean he isn't banned?
As Annie points out, not everything that happens is visible on the forum.

o

Okay, I guess there is more to this than meets the eye. Misuse of email via GW is a punishable offense from what I understand. I got a ride on the teacups years back, although not for misusing email. I spelled duck wrong. Hit the f instead of the d. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I guess if someone is banned, they earned it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here