SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

I can't shake my sadness. DH's Mom has passed.

caflowerluver
11 years ago

We got the call Wednesday night, Jan. 30, around 7:30. She passed away very rapidly. Earlier that day she was talking but being difficult when DH's brother had to go over and calm her down. Later that evening he got the call that she was gone. We knew it was only a matter of time but this was very sudden. Thought she had months, maybe even a year. Found out only a few months ago that she had Vascular Dementia. She might have died from one massive brain stroke. DH left Thursday morning to go to Chicago and is going to be there for 2 weeks to help the Dad. They had the service this Sunday. She was 84.

No MIL horror stories to tell. We got along fine and I liked her, though I wouldn't say we were close since she was in Chicago and I am in CA. I knew her for a little over 35 years. I remember her saying that I was the best thing that ever happened to her son. That is quite high praise coming from someone's mother. In a lot of ways she will be missed.

I keep trying to keep busy, but feelings of overpowering sadness come over me. I am trying not to give in for my son's sake. Being Autistic he doesn't understand strong emotions. They upset him. But I can't sleep and have trouble caring about what we eat. I never knew it would effect me this way. Like I said before, I never thought of us as that close. I don't know why I am feeling so depressed.

Thanks for listening. Just had to get it off my chest.
Clare

Comments (15)