SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foodonastump

French Bread Killed My Oven

foodonastump
14 years ago

Yesterday I made French bread, and the recipe calls for putting a pan of water in the oven. I've made this recipe several times before and each time the excessive steam fogs up the inside of the control panel so I thought nothing of it when it happened again. But then after dinner the oven started beeping with an error code which I couldn't cancel. Shutting down the breaker didn't reset it, and unfortunately that same breaker shuts down a good portion of my house (don't ask!) so I had no choice but to pull out the oven and disconnect it. I hoped it would just dry out and fix itself overnight, but no such luck. I just connected it and it's shot.

Fortunately the oven was only a $75 Craigs List find but I liked it and I hoped it would last me until my remodel. And it comes just a week after a "handy"man plumbed the bathroom I'm remodeling and I realized he did it all wrong and have to rip it all out. And we're one week into the prepping and painting of our master bedroom, a job which was supposed to take about 3 days until we ran into surprises. (Yes, I'm paying T&M.) Not to mention everything else that's wrong with my house.

Cooking is one of the few things that's keeping me sane these days, and now even that is compromised. Argh!

Ok, done complaining!

Comments (6)