Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOL! Check this out!

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 9, 10 at 13:30

OMG, I think this is hilarious! LOL

This billboard is on the freeway just before the exit I take to get to work. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago, but now it seems to be getting national attention.

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!

Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Billboard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOL! Check this out!

Very Funny and no I do not miss him.

o

Love it! Someone sent it to me on FB and I think I will make it my profile pic for a while!

Alexa

o

Yes, I've seen that, and no, not one bit.

o

Yup, I've seen it. Nope, I don't miss him, but it's still funny.

I keep hoping that our female Governor will run off with him and create a political and personal scandal, that would keep me occupied for a while.

It doesn't seem likely, though....

Annie

o

LOL, too funny! Nope, I don't miss him one bit. And if there's a new face on that billboard four years from I now I figure I'll say the same thing.

o

Uh...NO. Does anyone know who is paying for that ad?

o
RE: LOL! Who's paying

"Mary Teske, the general manager of Schubert & Hoey Outdoor Advertising reports, 'The Bush Miss Me Yet? billboard was paid for by a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them. They wish to remain anonymous. They thought it was a fun way of getting out their message.'"

Here is a link that might be useful: who's paying

o

Yes, and the billboard is followed by a series of Burma Shave signs stating why he is not missed! Don't I wish!

o

Yup, that is funny. Hard to believe any American would miss him.

Ann

o

Nope, I don't miss him either. But given the current state of affairs, it really made me laugh!

Linda

o

He** I miss the republican party!

o

No, definitely don't miss him, but still found the billboard amusing, I haven't seen that.

Annie -- lol!

o

A woman I used to work with and is now a client sent me that awhile back. She continually sends me anti-Obama pro-Bush stuff. I never respond.....my political views are not in line with hers....but because she is a client I don't want to risk alienating her by becoming combatant about politics. What I can't understand is why some people want to inflict their views on everyone else. If you respect me as a person please respect me as an individual who can make my own mind up about various issues and who to vote and support. Nobody is 100 percent correct or 100 percent wrong....but it really irritates me that someone tries to belittle my beliefs....directly or indirectly. I have had to bite my tongue many times. Perhaps not saying something insuniates I'm in this person's camp? I don't know...but there is a reason people say not to talk about politics or religion among associates. It can only bring bad blood and scuffles to the surface. Oh, and by the way....I voted for Bush the first time around and not the second. And I don't miss him at all. Not to say the new guy is perfect either...but it would behoove this country to try to work together on issues to solve them without all of this us vs. them mentality. That gets absolutely nothing accomplished.

Duane

o

"but it really irritates me that someone tries to belittle my beliefs....directly or indirectly. I have had to bite my tongue many times.

Yeah.

o

Our country's political destiny is mostly and sadly determined by late-night comedians.

dcarch

o

I miss him about as much as Europe misses the bubonic plague. Funny board, though.

Snopes.com has gotten so many emails on it that they covered it this week. Guess some folks thought it was Photoshopped.

Here is a link that might be useful: Snope's coverage or the who, how and why.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here