Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who Dat letter to the NFL

Posted by dlynn (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 8, 10 at 10:54

This was in the New Orleans paper today. I think they've been waiting a long time to print this letter.

Here is a link that might be useful: letter to NFL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who Dat letter to the NFL

Awwwwww.

Words from the Los Angeles times that brought tears to my eyes:

"About an hour after the game, Brees rode across the field on a golf cart, facing backward as a cluster of cameramen followed in his wake.

In his hands was the Lombardi Trophy. The glistening silver ball was just as shiny as he'd seen on television, Brees said, but "it wasn't as heavy as I thought."

Of course, this comes from a man who has lifted a city."

- Sam Farmer

o

Great letter. What is crunk?

Coming from Philadelphia, a city whose sports teams are always taking it on the chin, I especially appreciate this letter.

Yeah, Brees seems like a nice guy. Loved to see him with his son.

o

Ded, "Stand up and Get Crunk" is a song by the YingYang Twins that has been played during Saints games. When the song comes on, the whole Dome stands up and sings, and it fires up the team. It was even played at the Superbowl. If you do a search on Youtube you can probably hear it. Here is a link to an interview by the YingYang's that describes it.

Here is a link that might be useful: What is Crunk?

o

I'm watching the victory parade and the Marine Corps band just played "Get Crunk"!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here