SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkguy

Hi once again

pkguy
11 years ago

Hi
Just popping in since I can't remember the last time. Moms altzheimers finally got to the point where we had her moved into a nice retirement (assisted-living) home I think it was last March and she's been quite happy there. Then it was cleaning out her house, putting it on the market, and all that goes along with that. It was a huge weight lifted off me and my sister once that was over with. However the decline has continued to where she requires more substantive care and she's on the waiting list to get into a really nice place still not too far away from my sisters out in the country where most of my family lives about 30 miles east. The call could come any day now according to the new home. So that will be good. Moms still active, loves to go shopping etc but she really is living in the present and the past is really muddled so you just go along with it. For instance when we look at old pictures from back in the 30's 40 etc before she came to Canada where I was born she'll talk as if I was there. Loves her flowers as she always did but now she couldn't tell you what any of them were called other than they're pretty. That's difficult to witness because she has a masters degree in Botany and could reduce a plant down to the cellular level in the past. I guess the worst day will actually be when I walk in and she stumbles on my name and eventually has no recognition but I'm pretty much prepared for it.

Most of my "cooking" these days is nothing extraordinary so we won't go there LOL.. I actually focus more on baking breads etc which I enjoy more and find relaxing.

What else.. well I still go to the gym 4-5 times a week excepting where I had one of the worst bouts of sciatica hit me in late September and only cleared up about 2 weeks ago.. Geeze did that hurt.. I know it wasn't life threatening or anything but I tell ya, some days it sure brought tears to the eyes LOL I have had it before but it had been perhaps 10 years since the last go round. I just ordered one of those inversion tables, hang upside down things. Sister and brother in law swear by theirs. So we'll see.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'll just lurk around a bit in the background. Keep my eye on things.. make sure they don't get outta hand again like they always do when I'm away :)

Take care everyone.

Comments (10)