SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

I needed a laugh after this day!

vacuumfreak
13 years ago

I had a really crazy day and it put me in a pretty foul mood for a while, though nothing happened that really matters in the grand scheme of things.

I've been kind of in a funk all week because an EX that I haven't talked to in 2 years stalked me. I ended our relationship because I was tired of being his "secret", but we tried to be friends afterward... until he told me I was too fat, and I got too jealous of his "new people" to remain part of his life. We were together off and on for 3 years and he is the guy who helped me move out of my "parents" house when I was 19. I even changed my phone number because he couldn't stop texting me, even after I said good-bye. He showed up on my door about 3 months ago (and he lives 2 hours away)... when I saw it was him, I went back to bed... he left a note on my car and then sent me an e-mail to say he was there... this time, he was waiting for me to come home from work and kind of ambushed me as I got out of the car. It took me a minute to realize who he was, but when I did, I got mad. I asked him what he was doing here and he said he just wanted to see me. I told him I didn't want to see him and I didn't want him in my life. I was serious this time. He said OK and left. We had a few e-mail exchanges afterward and neither of us have changed the way we feel, he was only coming around because he can't keep friends and I was the only "good" and devoted person in his life... I had to get pretty ugly with him to get my point across that I never wanted to hear from him again, and I haven't since the last e-mail, so I guess I did! I'm always upset for a week or so after he resurfaces, but then I forget again and am OK.

Anyway, I was supposed to meet a new guy today. We've been e-mailing for a couple of weeks and talked on the phone for 3 hours a few nights ago. He seemed really nice and I was looking forward to meeting him. Then he confessed in an e-mail that even though his profile says he's 35, he was really 47... (he looks 25, if the picture is accurate!) he said he lies about his age because he is vain and likes younger guys.... but he really liked me so wanted to be honest. That should have been my first clue, but I thought I'd give him a chance anyway, he was really pretty! Well, today, he sent me a very inappropriate text saying some crazy stuff (you'll have to use your imagination, I can't type it here)... I'd clearly told him that my goals were to meet and get to know each other first, anything else would come later. When I got the text, I realized this was really all about what he wanted, he didn't care about me at all. I told him we should call the whole thing off and to have a nice life. He sent back a few swear words and that was that. What a waste of time!

I was talking another guy too and he wanted to meet at Starbucks, so we set up a time and met. He had twice the fat and half the hair as was in his picture, and is two front teeth were yellow! I'm not shallow, but my goodness, just be honest! I don't like coffee anyway! I came home and made chicken tenders for lunch... they were good :o)

I have a neighbor/friend who just got a vacuum on Craig's List... he asked me about it and I told him it was a good one and for 45 dollars he'd be silly not to get it. The ad said it was like new. I went over to look at it after he got it home, and the power nozzle is missing the wheels. It's been a while since I sold vacuums, but when I did, "like new" meant the machine came with wheels. I called my "vacuum guy", I wanted to go to the flea market and get the parts if he had them and he never got back with me. He's flaky anyway, but I really wanted to get this done for my friend. I have an aunt that has a booth at the flea market, and I haven't seen her since I was like 15 so I wanted to go up there and see her and the vac guy, but didn't since he never got back with me. He could have been busy, but it just added to an already bad day.

Then I thought I'd go to the gay church, just get out of the house and be around people... I haven't been in 5 years, and have been wanting to go back for a while as there were some pretty nice people there last time I went. I went online to get the address and confirm the time for the evening service, and they have discontinued the evening service! I don't wake up before noon EVER, so I could never make it to a morning service.

If you're still with me, hang in a little longer, this is the good part :o)

So, nothing I planned today worked out right! I decided to clean the apartment. Got the laundry off the bedroom floor. Vacuumed (the most fun I had all day). Changed cat litter. Got rid of the science experiments in the refrigerator and ran the dishwasher. Then it was time to move into the bathroom. I use baby powder every day, so after a while, the throw rugs need to be cleaned as they collect superfluous amounts of the stuff. In the past, I've tried to vacuum them, but that amount of powder will clog even the most expensive vacuum beyond belief. Also, every machine I have (and I have 43 now) tries to eat the rugs when I attempt to clean them. I thought it would be a better idea to take them outside and slap them against the side of the building in an effort to shake out the dust. When opened the door, there was a lady doing her laundry. I've seen this lady before and I don't really care for her. She has as many kids as I do vacuums and one time, one of her monsters was drawing a smiley face in the dirt on my car, which can of course scratch the paint... and she didn't even say anything to them (you can bet I did, to her and the kid, I was raised not to touch stuff that didn't belong to me)... Today, the kids had been screaming for an hour and interrupting my I Love Lucy TV time (I live 2 feet from the laundry room, it's convenient, but loud at times). Well, I shook the rugs and slapped them against the side of the laundry room wall. It took a long time to get all the baby powder out, but alas I did, and turned to go back inside. As I turned, I realized there was a blanket of "baby powder dust" all around and it was filling the laundry room and billowing out the window! The driers were all running and their exhaust pushed the powder back and caused it to completely fill the laundry room! I could barely see the woman's face as I turned to go back in, but the look she was trying to give me through the cloud of "smoke" was not pretty... if looks could kill, I'd be posting from a cloud right now... and not a baby powder cloud either! I did hear her mutter the word pendejo, whatever that means (yes, I know what it means :o), so I guess the powder wasn't sufficient enough to choke her! When I got back in, I started laughing so hard I couldn't control myself. It was just too funny and I couldn't stop laughing for a good ten minutes. I guess I should feel guilty for doing that to her considering all her clean laundry was covered in baby powder dust (not like it was on purpose, though I'm sure she thought otherwise), but I don't, not even a little bit. I was paying karma back! It's great how all these things went wrong and I was so upset and then life just threw me a little humor to remind me not to take everything so seriously... :o)

Comments (8)