SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

battling a sinus infection...

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

My manager went on vacation in England and brought something awful back with him, so I've been sick in bed the last two days...

Just wondering what you all do to battle the symptoms of a sinus infection? It seems that every time I get a cold now, it turns in to a sinus infection. The last time it happened, I went to the doctor and got some amoxicillin to get rid of the infection. It worked, but it took a while to kick in, while the antibiotics were killing the bacteria, I still had to battle the intense pain that goes along with a sinus infection. When I get one, I get a "headache" surrounding my entire left eye and it's unbearable. Of course I can't breathe at the same time due to the congestion, so that doesn't help! The doctor told me to buy some Mucinex D the last time, and it seemed to help, but this time it's not helping with the pain or congestion. Is there something better? I would empty my bank account on something if I thought it would make the pain go away and guarantee I'd never have to face it again. I've been using the netti pot and squirting Affrin up my nose (I used to use Zicam and loved it, but I'm scared of it since it was recalled) to try to get rid of the congestion. My face is all red because I've been blowing on paper towels... I tried tissues but I blow holes right through them. Life isn't fun right now!

I don't really need sympathy as much as I need a battle plan! Do you have a product or even method that will help when sinus pain/pressure builds to intolerable levels? Apparently, this is going to be a chronic issue with me so I need to know to attack it properly. I will most likely go to the doctor tomorrow, but if they are going to tell me the same thing they did last time, it isn't going to help much.

I'm off to down a bottle of Nyquil, will look forward to your responses if I wake up tomorrow :o) Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

Comments (23)