SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

tttttttttttt....

doucanoe
14 years ago

That's the sound of my teeth chattering! LOL

The cold weather is back. After a week and a half of fairly decent weather it's back in the single digits with below zero windchills. Ho Hum....

Woke up this morning with no heat in the house. Boiler was on the fritz. Called at 5:45am and got the answering service, but the repair guys got here about 8:30.

Long story short...the boiler is 1.5 months past warranty (of course it is....). I will see the damages when the bill arrives.

Linda

Comments (11)

• bryansda
    14 years ago

I feel your pain. We had to have the downstairs heat pump replaced right before Christmas. Tomorrow they are coming to replace the upstairs heat pump. That makes a new hot water heater and 2 heat pumps in about 4 months.

• BeverlyAL
    14 years ago

I hope you have warmed up Linda. We're on tape for temps in the teens again which is cold for me, plus maybe some sleet, ice and snow. I'm so ready for spring!

• dedtired
    14 years ago

Wow, Linda, you just can't catch a break, can you? I remember going 24 hours without heat in bitterly cold weather a few years back. The power was out from an ice storm. I thought I would turn blue. Some neighbors went to stay in hotels, but since I'm an idiot I stayed at home. It was horrible.

I really need to have my furnace serviced. Thanks for the reminder.

• shellm
    14 years ago

Beverly , where in Alabama are you? I have a Dr's appt in Mobile friday 1/29.I am coming from central Mississippi and was hoping I wouldnt run into bad weather,since its close to a 4 hr drive and I have never been there befor.

Shelley

• sally2_gw
    14 years ago

Oh, Linda, this just hasn't been your year. Sending you a virtual hug and blanket!

Sally

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    14 years ago

If your boiler is out for a while and the temperature is going sub-zero.

Make sure you let your water dripping to prevent very expensive plumbing pipes bursting.

dcarch

• doucanoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh, I am so ready for spring, too! Actually I have been ready for spring since about November! LOL

Boiler is fixed, house is warm. Outside is still below zero....I hate winter.

Linda

• diana55
    14 years ago

Oh I feel for you too Linda......It is so warm here in Vancouver B.C that we don't even have enough snow for the Olympics. Strange weather, because usually it's really cold here. My garlic & flowers are coming up two weeks early. Diana55

• annie1992
    14 years ago

Linda, I'm glad the furnace guys got there promptly, it's too darned cold to go without heat. I still have my old waterbed, whenever my power went out the girls and I just jumped into the waterbed, it retains heat for quite a long time, LOL.

I've had my house for nearly 30 years and have only once had a furnace repair, I had to have an ignitor replaced. It's natural gas and it's sure not "efficient", but it just keeps plugging along....

Here it's currently snowing and 12F, going to get down to 2F or less tonight. Wind is NNW at about 14 MPH, so the snow is blowing around and drifting and the wind chill is somewhere around 8 or 10 below zero and it's going to get colder.

Ah, that's not so bad, they say it'll take 30 minutes outside before I get frostbite, and it won't take me THAT long to walk home tonight from work!

That January thaw definitely froze back up, though.

Annie

14 years ago

"Posted by diana55 ------It is so warm here in Vancouver B.C that we don't even have enough snow for the Olympics. Strange weather, because usually it's really cold here. ----"

Wasn't it the year before? I was in Vancouver and it snowed 20"? Where I was had 30" snow drift.

dcarch

14 years ago

"Posted by diana55 ------It is so warm here in Vancouver B.C that we don't even have enough snow for the Olympics. Strange weather, because usually it's really cold here. ----"

And BTW, enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xMz2SnSWS4

dcarch

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville