SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlover_gw

Many thanks

catlover
14 years ago

All,

My mother has been ill and is frail. Nursing home bound. She and I ( and DH) live far from my siblings and my wonderful niece and nephews. My mom decided this Christmas to give her grandchildren the gift of a trip to see her. Wonderful idea.

They all came this weekend. It was wonderful and wild. Unfortunately, my 3 adult children were just at home at Christmas and did not join the party.

Anyway, I had 11 houseguests and I cooked and loved it.

And so, I realize I should and must thank and give credit to this forum and my teachers.

First (Friday) night - pizza, salad and cheesecake from an old friend's recipe. Simple.

Second night Bouef bourguignon (Julia's). I think Ann T.Âs is better but I could abuse Julia's better. Thanks for the knowledge and experience. Dessert- Ann T's tiramisu.

Third night - Eileen's Sunday gravy and a second round of cheesecake.

I showed them all so many recipes I have received and used from all of you. It made me realize that since 2005 I have changed so much as a cook and have so very much in my crazy recipe pantry.

Lot's of cooking talk. My brother wanted to know how I found these friends. THANK You!

I am so much smarter since I found you all.

Best,

Adele

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio