SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto4kids_gw

Hi Everyone!!

momto4kids
11 years ago

Hello everyone!

I don't generally make New Year's Resolutions, but I made one this year. That's to get back on the CF with a bit more regularity. I get on and browse every so often, and occasionally post. I'm looking forward to following the upcoming Swap!

I've read bits and pieces about everyone's comings and goings. Not really anything new here...just doin' the "mom thing." DH doesn't travel as much now. He has been reprimanded a few times about not knowing how things work around here ("Come on, Dad."). The kids are getting older and taller. As for me and DH, no, we're not aging...not aging at all. Pfffft.

Deb

This post was edited by momto4kids on Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 4:08

Comments (24)

• annie1992
    11 years ago

Oh, my, Deb, I still think of that picture with the hair all standing up looking at the Magic Mill! They can't be that old and my word, they're beautiful (and handsome, respectively, LOL)

Hooray for your resolution, I've missed you. That old Zoji is still plugging along and I still use it a lot. Makayla still hasn't grown into the costume, I think it might be this year. I think of you regularly and now Elery's daughter is engaged and getting married in October, so the Magic Mill is going to pressed into service again.

Welcome back!

Annie

• dedtired
    11 years ago

Hi Deb. What a great looking passel of kids. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Thanks for checking in and it's good to have you back.

• Related Discussions

hi everyone, i need your help!

Q

Comments (1)
    IMO a good stainless hod with no wood surround is the best choice .
    ...See More

Hi everyone, Does anyone know what may be the issue with the roof sh

Q

Comments (5)
    Is it algae? Is the roof in shade? What part of the US? do you live in? Do you have the same type of roof/ siding on the other side of the house & does it look like this side?
    ...See More

Hi everyone need help with tiling problems please!

Q

Comments (2)
    There’s nothing he could have done differently. Not sure where in the bathroom this is, but unless it’s necessary to go all the way to the ceiling it would have been better to go maybe 2/3 of the way and paint above that. Might want to consider removing the upper portion of tile since it’s not grouted yet. The uneven ceiling will be much less noticeable that way, especially if you paint the walls and ceiling the same color.
    ...See More

Hi Everyone! Do you have your fall garden started yet?

Q

Comments (4)
    Carol, I'm going to try some greens this fall, but I don't have enough sun for much else. I had a community garden bed, but I guess I wasn't working on cleaning and planting fast enough for them, and they kept bugging me about it, so I just gave it up. I don't have time for control freaks in my life jstropic Well, we're getting the rain now, at least here in Gainesville. Like every year, when the rain comes, I'm both happy and aggravated. We Florida gardeners are a strange lot. We pray for rain, then curse it. In the summer, we can't wait for fall and in winter, we can't wait for spring. But through it all, we get to garden year-around, so not so bad.
    ...See More
  • cloudy_christine
    11 years ago

Deb, I can't believe the kids are so big! I remember them in the great Halloween costumes you made for them. Good to see you back.

• ann_t
    11 years ago

Hi Deb, Glad you are back. I can't believe how "grown up" the kids are.

~Ann

• mtnester
    11 years ago

Deb, it's good to see you here again!

OMG, you're too young to be the mother of teenagers! Why, they were just little kids when I saw them last. I do remember that they had better manners than any other children I knew (definitely including my own).

OT, I have a question for you: do you remember the large silicone spoons you gave me, eons ago? One was a basting spoon, and the other was a slotted spoon, with metal handles and flexible silicone at the business end. They are simply fantastic, and I've been using them daily for more than 7 years. They're still in great condition, but I've been searching the web so I could purchase more of the same, without any luck so far. Do you happen to remember the brand name and/or place where you purchased them?

Sue

• Lars
    11 years ago

That's so nice that your oldest son wore a tuxedo for the class picture - did all the boys do that? BTW, I went to a university with a great CompSci department and the worst football team, but the band was interesting. The band would not march in formation but instead scatter around like bees and then finally make a formation of something or other. This would irritate the Texas A&M band, which would march in military formation. The two schools were not compatible, but it was fun to see them together!

I guess Michael plans to be in the university band where he ends up going. I made my decision when I was a junior in high school because Rice had early admission, and I wanted to decide as early as possible. I also wanted to go out of state (not knowing what the climates of other states were like), but I felt that Houston was sufficiently distant (3 hours or so).

Are you looking forward to school scouting with Lindsay? It sounds like fun to me.

Great pictures - thanks for sharing.

Lars

• jessyf
    11 years ago

Deb, I emailed you, did you get it? If not, shoot me a line, will ya? I still remember our trip to DC and your picking us up at the airport....good times...

Great looking bunch of kids! Wow! If Michael ends up in SoCal (Fight On!) we can be his family away from home, grin.

• susie_que
    11 years ago

Hey Deb!!

The kids are beautiful looking all grown up!
    Im back posting too so hopefully we'll all catch up!

Cheers
    Sq

• riverrat1
    11 years ago

Hi Deb, I am also trying to get back into the swin of spending a bit more time on the CF. Nice resoulution!

The kids sure have grown since you posted that wonderful Halloween photo. They are so handsome and beautiful!

Glad you are back!

• chase_gw
    11 years ago

Hi Deb! So glad to see you, Karen and others back posting.!!!

Glad to hear all is well with you DH and the kids. The kids have gotten so big, I can't believe it. Where does all the time go?

Sharon

• compumom
    11 years ago

It's wonderful to see "old" friends and their families too! I'm also stunned at the nearly adult photos! I remember those faces jumping and being blown away by the Magic Mill as if it was yesterday. Also etched is Gigi in your amazing colonial costume. Welcome back!
    Ellen

• momto4kids
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You mean this picture?!!! Haha! That was so funny!

Thank you everyone for the warm hello's! Best laid plans...I can't believe it has been over a week since I posted!

Still haven't made the souffles I wanted to make (Lindsay's feeling just this side of sick...and she's the one who has been prodding me the most to make the souffles. Not going to all that trouble if she can't taste or enjoy it!)

It got a little crazy around here suddenly. No good excuses. Just the normal stuff.

Annie, I am so glad you're making use of that doggone thing! I wanted to like it. I wanted to LOVE it...but I just could NOT figure out how to operate it! I still can't even get my head around how much you do with it! That Magic Mill is probably wishing it was still in my cabinet hanging out with my other underused appliances! And I can't believe Makayla isn't in that costume yet! She must be a peanut of a gal! Gigi was just asking me the other day about whether I ever got a picture from you with her in it! I'll need to locate that picture of Gigi...I can barely remember it!

Sue, can you post a picture of the spoon? I have a vague memory of it, but just can't quite put my finger on it.

Lars, the kids had a choice for their photos and Michael opted for the tux. He pulls that thing out and wears it any chance he gets! Haha! It's funny. Once he declares an event "tux-worthy" all his friends run out and rent tuxes. Michael enjoys bands that perform like the MOB (these kids watch them all on YouTube), but his band director has them perform more military style. They've got almost 200 people in their band...maybe he's afraid there'd be too many casualties if they scramble! Personally, I think everyone would go nuts to see something a little different! :) I can't wait to go scouting with Lindsay! I just wish she had SOME inkling of what she MIGHT want to do SOMEDAY! LOL!

Jess, I did NOT get your email! I will send you one! Wish I could have spent more time with you here in DC (and not at that awful restaurant!) and when I was out in CA. Now that the kids are older, I need to go traveling!

Thank you again to ALL of you for checking in here and welcoming me back! Great to "see" old friends! I think I've found my second wind for cooking and am really enjoying being in the kitchen again. Been in the cooking rut too long!

• wizardnm
    11 years ago

Hi Deb! It's good to see you back.

Nancy

• compumom
    11 years ago

Yes, that's the picture and I loved another of them jumping on a trampoline.
    I'm so glad you're back on the CF and GW. We've been through a few GW forums together!

• annie1992
    11 years ago

Yes, Deb, that's the picture I remember, I cracked up then and I still do.

Makayla isn't a very big child, she's 9 years old and wears a size 8 now. Of course, I'm 5'1", my mother is 4'9", Ashley is 5'2". Makayla is going to be taller than all of us but right now she's 4'5" and weighs 70 pounds. (grin)
    None of us are all that big, Amanda is 5'5" and towers over us all! She just went to the doc and got measured, I always thought she was even taller than that. She SEEMS taller, LOL.

Oh, and remember the red Crocs? They are long worn out, of course, but Amanda always buys Crocs now for work, she says they feel better than anything, so you've handed down that tradition too.

Annie

• riverrat1
    11 years ago

Deb, I think of you often and love that we are posting again to the CF. I miss you!

I thought of you the other day when I put my Red Crocks on to do some gardening. I have a kitchen whisk and a chef top hat widget on my red crocks now.

I love the pictures of your children. So nice to see how they have grown ;-)

• momto4kids
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Karen...I want those widgets! Where'd you get them? Online, I hope! Funny!

I'd forgotten about those Crocs. I still wear mine around the house...not out in public much, only when I forget I have them on! :)

Oh yeah...the trampoline picture! HAHA!! We just got rid of the trampoline. End of an era. Awwww. I don't miss it and if I want to see it in the yard, I'll just "Google Maps" my address and look at the satellite picture! Sorry kids, happy the trampoline is gone.

Annie and Jessy, I sent you both emails...but Jess, yours bounced back. Do you have mine?

• jessyf
    11 years ago

Deb, if Annie has your email, I'll get it from her. I didn't get yours.

(typing as I'm wearing my lime green Crocs. I've discovered wedge and heel versions - OMG I can finally be stylish again!)

http://www.crocs.com/A-Leigh-Wedge-Leather/11848,default,pd.html

• jimster
    11 years ago

When it is time for your budding sportscaster to go college scouting, be sure to check out the ones which have student run radio stations. I was a jazz DJ and helped manage a college station for 10 years. During that time, five other DJs from that station went to work at public radio or commercial stations as DJs or in other jobs.

College radio is excellent training for the broadcast business because equipment, procedures, organizational structure, etc. are the same throughout broadcasting. My station's college did not have an academic program in communications but the practical experience was excellent.

Jim

• mtnester
    11 years ago

Hi Deb, I'll take a photo of the spoons tomorrow, if I remember (I seem to think of it only when they're in use or in the dishwasher) and email it to you. Thanks!

Sue

• annie1992
    11 years ago

Jessica, I'm shocked and appalled at your unseemly behavior. Didn't you get the memo? Moms are not allowed to be fashionable. I think there's a law or something....

Annie

• jimster
    11 years ago

I just had another look at "the picture" and had a good laugh. Those kids knew how to look terrified, as in an ad for a horror show or something. Very professional acting.

Jim

• momto4kids
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL Jim! I keep doing the same thing! I especially love Matthew's face (the youngest)!!! And thanks for the tip about the college radio station. That's great advice!

• riverrat1
    11 years ago

Hey Deb, I have had my crock jewely for so long that I forgot where they came from. Probably Evil Jessica! Jessy, any idea on where the crock jewlery came from? I seem to remember that you were in on that conversation. ;-)