SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina_w_gw

My dear friend passed away

Gina_W
12 years ago

On Friday the 13th this month. He had been fighting cancer for over 6 years, I can't remember exactly how long. Anyway, cancer won the long battle and the end was quick. He had a nice holiday season with family, then succumbed. You hear about people waiting for that certain thing - like seeing a loved one or passing some kind of date. I think he wanted one last Christmas.

This is the first death DH and I have experienced among family and friends (since we were children), so we muddled through and still feel like we are in a dream. We were called to the hospital at the end, so we were able to say goodbye. But many of our mutual friends had not seen him for many months, and were not notified, so they were shocked. (He did not want people to see him ill and without hair and weak.) I had to call and inform some of the friends, so that was emotionally draining.

There was a nice memorial service, and DH gave a short speech with an accompanying film. Our friend was 65, so not young but not old either.

Cancer is a stone-cold b!tch.

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths