Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Products Made in USA

Posted by blueiris24 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 12, 11 at 18:40

I know this issue has come up quite a bit on different threads, especially in the past couple years with kitchen safety, etc..... I heard on the radio today about a site called madeinusaforever.com that lists only products made in the USA. I'm not affiliated with this in any way or have ever purchased anything from it, just thought I'd pass it along for those interested.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Products Made in USA

I read labels...anything that says made in China....or product of China....stays right in the store.

o

This is great, blueiris. I'm sending it on to a couple of friends. Thank you!

o

I tried to buy a pair of running shoes the other day that were made in the USA, but no luck. The only ones I found that were made here, didn't fit me right. (Natural Balance - some of their shoes are made in the USA, but not all of them. As Linda said, you have to read the label to make sure.)

Sally

o

Even the labels don't always tell the whole story.
I work in manufacturing.
We build product here, but parts may come from any number of countries.
We build product here, but only part of it.
We receive nearly complete products, add a few things (cables, manuals, etc.).
We simply rebox items.

These all can have different types of labeling.
There are so many legalities regarding where a product came from it'll make your head swim. We have a Regulatory Engineer just to keep it all legal.

There are different labeling requirements depending on how much of the assembly and/or dollar value is added here.

"Made In ...."
"Product Of ...."
"Country of Origin ..."

All mean different things.
Yep, as far as I'm concerned, labels can lie!!

Unless a company can actually trace all of the parts and labor to US companies, who knows? Some can and I want to support them. Mine cannot. Not even close. We also have manufacturing facilities in several other countries.

Sigh.

Deanna

o

My husband bought a Hobart mixer for me for Christmas. The purchase was Dec. 17. I tried to use it immediately, didn't work with the dough hook. Got the hook replaced by the local place that sold it to us. Tried it again, after 3 weeks of sinus and ear infections. Didn't work. Won't work when it encounters resistance (from dough). Had to go 75 miles over to Orlando to drop it off at Hobart. They want us to call them on Tuesday. This thing is made in Troy, Ohio. No China anything. It cost close to $2,000. Don't you think it would work?

o

Oh, no, Beachlily, after all of that, your new Hobart doesn't work? What a disappointment!

Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here