SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

A random act of handcrafted kindness!

teresa_nc7
14 years ago

At noon today I had a large package from the mailman that had me wondering "what did I order and forget about?" I didn't know the return address....in Tuscon, Arizona? And someone's "sister" was listed too???? I was completely stymied! I don't even know anyone in Tuscon, Arizona!

Inside were several lovely skeins of hand spun yarn. I'm a weaver now too, in case I didn't mention that. This is a lot of yarn, folks! It's beautiful and some of the labels even include what breed of sheep the wool came from! So tonight, in better light and squinting a bit, I was able to make out whose sister sent me these lovely yarns...... "Evil Jessy's sister" - Mindy!

Yes, our sweetheart the "evil" one has struck again! If you didn't know, hand spun yarns are a luxury item and are prized by knitters, weavers, and fiber artists alike. So now when I warp my little loom and start on scarf #8, I will have some wonderful, soft, hand spun yarns to add to the scarf.

Thank you, dear Jessy! I'm going to have lots of fun in the coming months weaving first one scarf after the other. Do y'all think a wool scarf to wear in LA would just seem wrong? Ha!

Hugs to you, Jessy!

Teresa in NC where it warmed up to 40 something today - a heat wave, we're having a heat wave!

Comments (14)