Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prayers Needed for MsAzadi's daughter

Posted by compumom (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 16, 12 at 15:46

Our good friend Maureen has asked that I share some very frightening news with her CF friends. Your prayers and good thoughts are urgently needed for her daughter, Liz.

Liz was rushed to the hospital over the weekend for a possible brain infection due to a sinus infection. I gather she was in great pain. Unfortunately, upon examination they found something far more sinister, multiple tumors. Biopsies have been taken and they are awaiting the results.

Please join me in sending Liz and Maureen all the love, strength and prayers we can muster.

Thanks,
Ellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prayers Needed for MsAzadi's daughter

OMG, I am sorry to hear about Maureen's daughter. I recall hearing her talk about Liz with much pride when we were together.

(((Cathy)))

o

Oh dear, sending thoughts their way.

o

I'm sorry to hear about Liz. Sending positive thoughts.

Ann

o

I'm also sending positive thoughts and lots of prayers that the tumors are benign and that doctors can do their magic and heal Liz quickly and completely.

I'm also sending lots of hugs and good thoughts to Maureen.

Annie

o

She and her doctors are in my prayers.
Linda C

o

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm sending all my positive thoughts and prayers.

Sally

o

Oh my! Maureen and Liz, sending you both all the healing thoughts I can. I hope as Annie said, the tumors are benign and they can take care of them quickly and painlessly so you can be on your way to a full recovery!

(((Hugs)))
Linda

o

Oh no. How frightening. I will certainly hold Maureen and Liz in my heart and hope we hear good news.

o

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of positive thoughts and hopes for quick results...waiting for test results is awful.

o

Count me in

o

Prayers going up for a full recovery.

o

My prayers and very best wishes for Liz, Maureen and all of their loved ones.

o

They are in my prayers and thoughts.

o

Adding healing thoughts and fervent wishes for good news about Liz from this corner.

Eileen

o

Sending positive healing thoughts your way for your daughter, Liz. Stay strong, Maureen, and remember to take care of yourself too.

Becky

o

So sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking good thoughts for Liz and Maureen.

o

So sorry, Maureen. You are in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

o

Ellen, Thank you for letting us know.

Maureen, Our hearts and good thoughts are with you and your family. Much love from the West Coast.

Ann, Dave & Zeke

o

Prayers and positive thoughts for your daughter and family.

David

o

Praying for Liz and will continue to!

o

Unfortunately the biopsies came back positive for cancer.

"Liz has seen both one oncologist and her ENT doctor who both said that yes, she had nasopharyngeal carcinoma."

Maureen also reports that Liz has had a PET scan and they are waiting to hear if the cancer has spread beyond her head & neck region. The course of treatment will be determined once those results are in.
I encourage everyone to continue to send positive thoughts and prayers, she's a young woman and in relatively good health otherwise.

I'll update again when I hear more from Maureen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma

o

My prayers are going out to Liz and Maureen. I so sorry.

Nancy

o

So sorry to read of the diagnosis. Sending positive healing thoughts and prayers their way. NancyLouise

o

I was hoping to hear something better but let's never give up hope. Liz is in my thoughts and I send healing wishes your way.

o

I am so sorry. How very, very frightening. I've not been around much the past couple weeks so missed seeing this post. Both Liz and Maureen will be in my prayers as well as her doctors. Big (((hugs))) to both of them.

/tricia

o

Sending positive thoughts and prayers . . .

Sue

o

Pet scan shows that there's no signs of cancer below her neck. She's going to be treated for 7-8 weeks with chemo followed by radiation. Here's hoping...

o

Adding my positive thoughts and prayers for strength and a full recovery for Liz, strength and comfort for Maureen and wisdom and guidance for the medical staff who care for her.

Thanks for letting us know Ellen.

Lee

o

I'm sending prayers, too.

Sally

o

My thoughts and prayers are with Liz & Maureen and her family.

o

Thanks for the update, Ellen. Since I don't have a Facebook account, I can't keep up that way and Maureen is busy, I know.

I'll keep them all in my prayers and send hugs to Maureen with healing thoughts for Liz.

Annie

o

Oh my.....they will continue to be in my prayers.

o

Prayers, prayers, prayers for Liz, Maureen and family!

o

Sending my prayers and support too Maureen and Liz, and family. I'm so sorry to hear the diagnosis.
Walk in faith, His will be done! Miracles DO happen!
I'll be praying for one now.

Deanna

o

so sorry to hear that; sending positive vibes also for a full recovery and renewed strenght for all during this trying period.

o

I've been keeping Maureen/daughter/family in my thoughts and heart. Please keep updates coming.

o

Today's message is that Liz has had a round of chemo and that should help to make her headaches manageable with prescription meds. If that's the case, she will be released on Monday to Maureen's home and will commute for chemo treatments to Baltimore. Maureen's DS & DIL will step in to help and provide respite care in Maureen's house during that time. If all goes according to plan, once chemo ends, she'll begin radiation. She's extremely nauseous now, they're hoping to bring that under control.
My heart goes out to everyone involved and I'm keeping Maureen, Liz and her caregivers in my thoughts.

o

Thank you for the update Ellen and Maureen. This is such a difficult time for Maureen and family. I do hope Liz will be feeling better soon. I know there are medications that will help control the nausea. Stay strong and know that you are truly in my thoughts and that you have the CF behind you, too.

o

Still keeping Liz and Maureen in my thoughts and prayers.

o

Still keeping them on my prayer list as well. Thanks for the update.

/tricia

o

I'm still keeping Liz and maureen in my heart and my thoughts, adn I was hoping for an update. I'll have Elery check Facebook for me, he has an account.

Annie

o

I apologize for not returning sooner to update. Liz was released to Maureen's home and then quickly headed back to the hospital. Despite her decision to try chemo, she has resisted eating and participating in her own recovery.
She's very ill and it's complicated by other issues. Your good wishes and prayers are still welcomed!
My heart goes out to Maureen & her family as they watch her struggle.

o

I'm sorry to hear the outlook hasn't improved. Thanks for letting us know, Ellen. I thought of Maureen yesterday when I passed a scrapbook section in a store. This must be agonizing for her.

o

What a terribly difficult situation. Maureen must be so worried, as any mother would be. I feel so bad for Liz. Don't give up! Fight the fight! I am thinking positive thoughts for Maureen and Liz.

o

So sorry to hear it isn't going well for her. I'll continue to pray and send healing thoughts to both of them. NancyLouise

o

Oh dear, this is definitely not the news I was looking for either. Sigh.

I'll pray a bit harder.

Annie

o

No,not the news we wanted. They will stay in my thoughts also.

Lee

o

I'm keeping them in my thoughts - thanks for keeping us updated, and I will continue to hope for the best.

Lars

o

I don't know what to say...

Thanks for the updates Ellen.

o

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep thinking of them.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Sally

o

I am still praying too. Very scary stuff.
Maureen, please know the forum's arms are around you at this difficult time.

Deanna

o

I haven't checked in to Conversations in a while. Definitely adding my prayers, thoughts and positive energy to Liz, Maureen, and their family and loved ones.

o

Hey Maureen,
Your family is in our thoughts and hearts, and always will be. Ann

o

Checking in for an update. I know we all are thinking of Maureen, Liz and her family.

o

Sorry Karen, I believe she's staying in the hospital for the time being, but I don't know much more.

o

I was also checking in for an update, I was hoping for some good news. I'll keep thinking those strong thoughts for Liz and for Maureen.

Annie

o

Thank you everyone for all your good thoughts and prayers. Thsnk YOU Ellen, for keeping people up to date on our family. It has been a month of day to day changes in 'the plan' which has kind of fried my mind and soul at times.

As far as we can tell, the chemo is going well, or at least well enough to continue. Since my daughter is 38, and checked herself back into first the local hospital and then back to the University hospital, she is the one to get updates on her progress or lack thereof, and not us. That is actually fine with us, her family incl her brothers. She has made some decisions which kept her under psych watch for a period of time but also gave her what she wanted...care in the hospital.

My daughter also has BPD Borderline Personality Disorder, which really interferes with any of our relationships with her but especially mine. There are some of you who understand this, you know who you are, and I really appreciate that understanding.

It may sound cold or uncaring, but right now Liz has to be responsible for her own care. As she is homeless, and unemployed, she gets her medical care free, and it is up to her to find friends who will take her in and care for her during these cycles of chemo and recuperation from chemo. I hope she has friends who can step up and be the kind of people who can do this because she really needs that now.

As for us, Dick and I have many friends who both care for us and have known the struggles we have had with Liz over more than the years of our marriage. Some have known both me and Liz since we moved back to the US over 26 years ago.

gotta go now back later

o

I'm sorry for your struggle and for the health and emotional strains that you are now facing.

I wish you and your family good health and peace.

AM

o

Ah, Maureen. I knew a little of your daughter's past problems and was hoping that she had overcome them, or at least gotten them under control.

Hugs to you, and lots of prayers and strong thoughts for you, Liz, and all of your family and friends currently dealing with all of those health issues.

Annie

o

Maureen, I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sally

o

Maureen, I know it can't be easy for you at this time. My thoughts are with you. I hope your daughter's treatment continues to go well.

Ann

o

I'm checking in for news. How is treatment coming along?

o

Maureen....keep us posted.....we DO care.

o

Maureen my heart goes out to you. It is a uniquely horrible kind of pain when someone you love engages in self-destructive behavior. And then to be dealing with cancer treatment on top of things, oh my! All I can say is that I am so sorry you're having to go through all this. You're in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you continue to benefit from the support of dear friends. I know that can really help. You've got friends here who are hoping and praying for the best outcome for your daughter!
((HUG))
Lpink, aka Laurie R.

o

Darn, I saw this message had come back up and hoped that it meant there was some good news.

I'm also still thinking of Maureen and Liz and her family and friends and praying for a quick recovery.

Annie

o

Prayers to all of you...please keep us posted.

Susie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here