SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lowspark1

When you reply to a post asking for advice, do you...

lowspark
14 years ago

When you reply to a post asking for advice, do you read all the replies before posting yours? Or do you just scroll right to the bottom and put in your two cents?

I'm just asking because I've seen threads where someone asks for advice, gets a bunch of replies, then posts the resolution. After the resolution has been posted, people continue to post their advice as if it hasn't been resolved yet. I gotta think that can be somewhat annoying to the OP.

Once the OP says, OK, I've decided I'm going to do such-and-such, is it really necessary, is it even still ok, to continue to post responses, especially responses which might come off as critical of the OP? Other than, good choice! or good luck! or other supportive responses, I just don't see the point of continuing the advice.

And it makes me wonder, because I want to think that the person posting after the resolution isn't trying to be snarky and insist on their viewpoint after the decision's been made, so, is it just they didn't bother to read all the replies and so don't realize it's been resolved?

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz