Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opera in the Market

Posted by canarybird (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 31, 10 at 14:20

In the central food market of Valencia, Spain, some opera singers were dressed as shopkeepers selling fruits and vegetables.

When fragments of La Traviata came over the loudspeaker system, they began to sing.

Watch the faces of the shoppers.

Opera en el Mercado.

SharonCb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opera in the Market

Sharon, a friend sent this to us a short while ago. Absolutely wonderful! Enjoyed the music too!

o

Thanks SharonCb.

Sent it to an opera singer friend of mine. She was in a bad mood today. That changed her day.

dcarch

o

How wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing, I cannot imagine how fun it must have been to experience it in person!

o

Oh Sharon, that was such a treat. I love the way the shoppers formed a "theater in the round." What fun!!

I wish they would do this at the Reading Terminal Mkt in Philadelphia.

o

Love it Love it!! It's a growing phenomonon called a Flash Mob. Do a search on youtube there are several.
I love the one in the Antwerp Station!
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Do a Deer...

o

I think opera companies world wide should pull this stunt, they could sure use the increase in subscribers!

I would love to see Alagna and Gheorghiu pull this off, heh heh

o

Wonderful !!

o

What I thought was charming was the participant who at the very end raised the sign..."ves como te gusta la pera?"
which means in the sense of..."You see - You DO really like opera!"

I'm sure they touched many people there who had never heard those arias before so it is good publicity.

SharonCb

o

OH, how wonderful! Thank you for sharing this with us. I love opera, and I love Spain so this video was a real treat.

o

Beautiful! I would love to have been there.

o

It seems like opera is becoming trendy.
Has anyone seen that UK program Popstar to Opera Star? Some of the pops singers are very surprised at how singing opera is physically very, very different.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here