SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Metoprolol and bad dreams

Lars
12 years ago

My doctor switched me from Atenolol to Metoprolol last week because we decided that I was getting sluggish from Atenolol. However, during the time I have been on Metoprolol I have been having disturbing dreams that wake me up in the middle of the night. Often in the dream I will be trying to remember something, like someone's name or something that I had done recently, and that becomes impossible for me. Then I try to tell myself that it is only a dream and will not be a concern once I wake up, but then when I do wake up (early), I am still disturbed by the dream, and so I read for a while to get my mind off the subject. Last night's dream was particularly distubing because someone (a vendor) had sent me some horrible color samples in the form of tints that I had to add to some paint. When I used the paint to paint a drawer interior, the colors were pastel pink on the sides of the drawer and the bottom of the drawer looked like Peptol Bismol. This was so shocking to me that it woke me up - I knew my boss would hate both of these colors. I wonder if the full moon had anything to do with it.

I am planning to keep a diary by my bed and record these dreams for my doctor. I used to do that when I had a series of full moon dreams that coincided with meeting aliens from other planets. In those dreams, the aliens would find it easier to navigate on this planet during the full moon and especially during eclipses. In one of these dreams some alien lizard women tried to have sex with me, but fortunately I was able to fight them off. I used to tell a psychiatrist about these dreams, and he prescribed Librium for me, which helped. He also prescribed Valium, but that made me too sleepy, and so I only took the Librium. Maybe I need to see another psychiatrist.

What do you think?

Lars

Here is a link that might be useful: Metoprolol sleep issues

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County