SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

town watch-neighborhood watch??

susie_que
13 years ago

Our tiny town started a town watch a few months ago so both Frank and I joined. Its very small so I've been trying to get the word out.

Does anyone here have any experience good or bad concerning town watch??

I made a FB page about it so I could get the word out and already its been jacked by someone posting area stats he found online...not bad but in some of his posts he gives the racial makeup and we are not at all about that!!

We are just a simple watch...no flashlight walks or funny hats...we are not out to "get" anyone LOL!!

We just report if/when we see anything funny or suspicious. By becomeing a member we have access to the direct line at the police dispatch so our calls get thru quicker. So joining is a good thing!!

Our very tiny town is pretty safe...yea the occasional group of unruley kids or bike theft, that sort of thing. There are 3 bars in town, one on the edge of town and 2 on the same street so that area can sometimes get crazy LOL!!

The battlefield which is a historic national park (hence the town name) is patrolled by the rangers so they have that covered LOL!!

I am also looking for ideas for ways to boost membership and for fundraising. NJ has only given us a small start up sum and that will go towards signs and flyers.

Cheers!

Susie

Comments (9)