Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spanish Restaurant Sounds

Posted by canarybird (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 9, 10 at 13:53

On January 6th, Three King's Day, we were out for dinner along with many families here, since a holiday, or fiesta day is often celebrated by the whole family going out to a restaurant. This day there were many large tables filled with groups of friends as well as families with small children. I love these days!
The noise level and laughter gradually increases in proportion to how much wine has been consumed, and as the day wears on, through one dinner course after another.

Just for fun I put my camera on out table and set it to video, but being careful not to record faces of the folks as they were dining. I just wanted to catch the sounds.
So here it is....only a few seconds long.

Click on this link.

SharonCb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spanish Restaurant Sounds

Sounds just like lunch time in Ybor City. This Spanish community has some of my most favorite restaurants.

Thanks for sharing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Famous Columbia Restaurant

o

It sounds busy and lively.

Are there any special foods associated with Three Kings Day?

o

Petaloid...nothing special that I have seen, other than a day out with the family and a good meal, perhaps of fish or roast beef or pork. The sort of meal where kids and grandparents all go along, everyone dresses up a bit and they're generous with what they order, including desserts and drinks.

There is a special round pastry called "Roscn de Reyes" which I believe is known as "King's Cake" in USA. It's a round light pastry decorated with sweets and a golden crown.
Here is a photo of one, cut through the middle and stuffed with whipped cream. This is usually eaten at home with coffee or breakfast.

SharonCb

o

Sounds lively and fun, Sharon!

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here