Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flash Opera at Reading Terminal Market

Posted by dedtired (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 10, 11 at 13:41

It happened again -- a Random Act of Culture. The Opera Co of Philadelphia performed a "flash opera" at the Reading Terminal Market this past weekend. This video is great. I love the expressions on the shoppers faces -- and some of them turn out to be performers! It's also a nice glimpse of the RTM. Wish this had happened for the Philly Phood Phrenzy.

Enjoy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Opera at the RTM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flash Opera at Reading Terminal Market

Well you know you had ME hyperventilating from the get-go. Those are some hot looking Escamillos! Can I put in a request for the 'Anvil Chorus' or.....The Mad Scene from Lucia? That would eat up 15 minutes LOLOL

Good for them for doing a crowd pleaser from Carmen, their next production, Romeo and Juliet, doesn't have any blockbuster hits.

o

Oh!! Love it Love it !! Was waiting for Carmen to make her entrance with the rest of the cigarette girls!

o

Now that was COOL!

o

Love it! Taking opera to the masses. Hope it helps fill the seats at the opera house!

o

AWESOME!!! thank you for sharing! that appealed to quite a few of my senses. :-)

o

I loved it, but when I tried to show it again to a friend, the sound wouldn't work! :(

o

Ellen, I just tried it and the sound was fine. Maybe try again?

Glad you all liked it as much as I did. Linda, in Philadelphia it would be ladies selling soft pretzels instead of cigarettes!

o

Pam:
It's a shame they weren't there when we were at the Philly Phood Phrenzy.
I would have liked to join in with them.

Now,I'm getting hungry for a Philly Cheese Steak.
LOU

o

How neat is that? Gee, that never happened when dh & I used to stop in there! LOL! What a great surprise and treat for the shoppers. Nice treat for us too. Thanks for sharing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here