SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chase_gw

Health Insurance Rant!!!

chase_gw
14 years ago

I don't want to open up a discussion on the merits of various health care systems I just want to rant about Insurance companies!!!

My DD is in Australia and has been for a year.Our universal health care plan does not cover a lot of out of country medical expenses so I decide to get her coverage through Blue Cross.

Now I admit to having almost zero experience with Health Insurance companies. Our medical expenses are all paid directly to the doctors, hospitals labs etc. We don't have to deal with insurance companies.

Well I just did and I am appalled at how they operate. It's out and out robbery!

Meredith is 22 and in perfect health. Her out of country medical insurance cost me $800 for 12 months. I just went to extend it for 4 months and, because she had 2 claims in the last 12 months totaling $85 (cold related), they want $650 for 4 months! When I flipped, the lady told me that Meredith should not have made any claims if she was wanted to extend her coverage!

I just about flipped , what kind of highway robbery is that. These companies have a license to print money! I'm sure glad I don't have to routinely deal with them !

Comments (18)