SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

Help---need advice fast!!!

susie_que
13 years ago

Ok so the old job is just about dead in the water...I figured that when my calls go unanswered and my discount card no longer works....ahem.

All is not lost, I found a job pretty quickly and have been at it for almost a month. Its not a bad job-its actually kinda fun and while it is nowhere near what I was making, its ok. Plus I've already invested in the wardrobe.

The people I work with are nice and there is a LOT of room for advancement. I have to get thru 90 days and its pretty much my job.

I've worked a LOT of hours over the holidays and now they are tapering off...I gave them unlimited availability so my hours are crazy-work til 11 one night and back in at 11 the next day ect...

Truth be told I forgot about the cafeteria job prospect until they called yesterday and wanted me to start today!!!

(for once I am so happy to be down with the crud because after mentioning that I was sick she said I can start on Monday)

Monday I have to work the retail job at 11 am. YIKES!!!!

I am afraid if I ask the bosses at the retail job to work me only at night, it may look bad for me since I already gave them unlimited availabilty.

I am also afraid that my hours are going to be cut and will need a second job to suppliment my income.

The cafeteria job is as an alternet...well thats what she said when I filled out my app. At the time I did not have the retail job and was willing to just about do anything to get a paycheck-yes I was desperate and said YES!

In the meantime I had a phone interview 3 weeks ago with the folks at Wegmans....that would be my dream job and would trump anything alse I already have. I was told I would hear something soon so I am waiting and I check my e mail every day for the dreaded deny letter but so far no e mail, phone call, nada! So I hope that means I still have a chance there!!

But seriously what should I do about the caf job??

I'd hate to risk my retail job for the caf however I think I would LOVE the caf job which would free up my nights and summer.

OH WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Cheers!

Susie

ps....petsmart also called me and I haven't called him back either-its only minimum wage so I think I'll call and tell him no thanx LOL.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor