Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT, Any Springfield, Illinois Connections?

Posted by trudymom (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 10, 14 at 9:38

I am helping with a group called the Texas 4000--a group of UT students that ride their bicycles from Austin, Texas to Alaska reaching out to cancer patients and collecting funds for cancer research. They will be riding through Springfield, Illinois in June and need a place to spend the night--a church or homes would be great. Any connections?

Thank you!!

Trudy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT, Any Springfield, Illinois Connections?

Could you check with the University of Illinois there to see if they might accommodate them? Or one of the private colleges? I know there is a Benedictine University there.

o

Trudy, I am in Chicago, but don't know a soul in our capitol. You might try the Springfield Chamber of Commerce or the American Cancer Society office in Springfield for help.

o

olychick and pkramer, great ideas! Thank you!!

pkramer, 2 days after Springfield, they are in Chicago--any suggestions there?

Thank you!!

Trudy

o

Trudy, send me info, dates, how many and I will brain storm some ideas. I am guessing they will need dinner and breakfast the next morning.

Peppi

o

Peppi, Wow, thank you!!--They ride in early evening of June 22 and leave around 7 am June 24--it is one of their "rest" days where they visit cancer hospitals. There are 29 riders on this "Ozarks" route. I will find out if they have other contacts in Chicago. They will be riding from Champaign where I will be hosting them. Their website is Texas4000.org if you would like to see what they do. I will get back to you! Should we further communicate by email?

Thank you!!

Trudy

o

Email sounds good to me. Check if they already have accommodations in Chicago. If not, I will see what I can scare up.

Peppi

o

Peppi,

My email is trudy_atkins@yahoo.com. I just emailed the Texas 4000 rider to see how the Chicago route is going. If you want to email me, I will email you back his answer.

Thank you!!

Trudy

o

Peppi, I spoke to the Texas 4000 rider. They do not have accommodations yet. Could you please email me at trudy_atkins@yahoo.com and I will fill you in.

Thank you!

Trudy

o

Email sent to you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here