Last Pass?

Posted by jane__ny (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 9, 11 at 23:46

Anyone use this as a password manager?

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last Pass?

I've been using it both as a password manager and a password generator for close to a year now (maybe a bit more). It's very highly respected (as a FF add-on, for example). I definitely like it ! :-)

o

If a password manager is important to you so be it. However, please strongly consider never storing any type of financial site user names and/or passwords on your system or on-line.

DA

o

Thanks, and I wouldn't store any banking info on line. Just so many websites and passwords to remember. Tonight I was trying to access my ITunes account and it wouldn't accept my password. I had to make a new one. Turns out they require at least one capital letter. I remembered the password, but forgot to capitalize the letter. Had to go through the process of making a new password.

Jane

o

If you have your credit card information imbedded on sites like Amazon or Target those site passwords shouldn't be stored either. (For the few extra keystrokes you really shouldn't imbed this information though.)

For what it is worth I have two passwords that I use regularly on shall we call them information or general sites. One of them is here. If someone finds a large need to crack my password for here and let's say my newspaper site let them have a good time. 95% of the information establishing such accounts is fictitious anyhow.

DA

In most cases a user name and password are account use identifiers. Financial, personal and medical to name a few are the important ones to protect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here