SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandms

Problem with trojan

grandms
14 years ago

This evening I booted up my HP desktop computer running XP Media Center Edition. I use AVAST!, Online Armor, Spyware Blaster and run scans with Superantispyware and Malwarebytes. I came to this forum and clicked on a post. Up popped Avast to inform me that a Trojan Horse - Win32:Delf-MZG had been detected in numerous files of Online Armor. When I tried to move to the chest access was denied. I decided to disable System Restore and was unable to. I then started a boot scan with Avast and it got as far as C:\hp\recovery\wizard\SWR_Wizard.exe\(UPX) and froze up. I had to manually shut down using the power button. I restarted and updated and ran Malwarebytes. While this was running, Avast access scan was also running and found numerous files ranging from a greeting card program to a Cakewalk program to a DVD burning program, and even Auslogics defrag all containing a "sample of" this trojan. In addition, two files were reported as infected with Win32:ZBot-MKK trojan. Malwarebytes reported no infections at all.

Now I am on my laptop computer and the same thing is happening. Is this something that has infected my network? My network is secured, using WPA something or other. I use Verizon wireless broadband, and it has been "acting up" all day today. By this I mean the Internet connection has been erratic and the wireless signal has not been working well. We had heavy cloud cover and hard rain all day, but weather usually does not affect this at all. I am really puzzled by all this and don't know where to turn at this point. I suppose I need to do another scan with different AV scanners in case AVAST! has just gone crazy. But why would my laptop now be having the same problem? It was fine earlier today.

I'm going to bed now, but any suggestions that can be offered will be welcomed.

Comments (8)