Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand Portable Scanner

Posted by littleonefb (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 11 at 22:15

Does anyone have any info or opinions on this particular hand held scanner or any other brands?

Thought it might be useful to help get some order into all those articles that get cut out of magazines, etc. along with the recipes.

Yet am a bit worried that it sounds like it is too good to be true.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand Portable Scanner

Is that the one they were selling on HSN last week? I would be curious about it too, it looked neat but wonder how well it works compared to my office jet all in one. Mry!

o

I just checked HSN and it was being sold there. I don't have cable. so wasn't aware that it was being sold their.

link below is to HSN info on the product.

Doesn't it look really neat acraftylady? I'm wondering the same thing as you are. is it too good to be true?

Here is a link that might be useful: info on the portable hand scanner

o

Doesn't HSN have a pretty liberal return policy? If you don't like it, return it.

o

Google "recommended VuPoint Magic Wand II Portable Scanner" and you will get links to Amazon and Best Buy. There are many customer reviews of the product at both sites.

o

I tried using a hand-scanner many years ago and was very dissatisfied with the results. The main problem for me seemed to be that a uniform speed while passing the scanner over the page was hard to achieve by hand. I find that the scanner in my Officejet 4500 works well enough for me.

o

It does look neat but I think I would still prefer my office jet. I have had a flat bed scanner for a lot of years and I guess it's just what I am used too. Might be good if I had to scan something out of a large book. I have never had a problem with products from HSN. Never had to return anything but I think they have very good customer service. Mary

o

Ok another forum I belong to for cross stitch someone got one and posted a sample scan and likes it but doesn't see her self using it all that much as she can do the same with her regular scanner. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Sample scans

o

Acraftylady, thanks for posting with the above link. I did order the scanner and expect it to be delivered to me by Friday.

I read the link that you just posted as well, and interestingly enough, I will be using it with a MacBook Pro.

Am planning to give it a real work out over the weekend and into next week to see how well it works and how satisfied I am with it.

Will post and let all know how well it works.

o

I bought the magic wand scanner at sams club a while back. It works really good with some practice. It will never be as good as my flat bed but not a bad item. Would do it again if I needed a portable scanner.
upnflyin

o

Followed this post with interest since I have wanted one of these scanners ever since I found out about them. On Jan 2,
I purchased the one from HSN that scans both JPEG and PDF, after some research that model is only available at HSN. Anyway, I am pretty pleased with it. I scanned loose paper, page out of a book, a pattern (I sew), a page out of a magazine, and a photo. The scans to PDF are better than my old flat bed and much quicker. I have only done a couple of pictures and was not that happy with it, but my main focus was to scan my files and get rid of paper clutter. I think it will be perfect for that. There is a slight learning curve, for example start at the top not bottom of your page or the scan will be upside down. With a bit of practice, I was able to drag it at the proper speed and without movement to get a perfect scan. You can still read it but it has "waves" in it if you hesitate or wiggle the wand.
Super easy to transfer to computer. No software involved. Just hook up with USB and it acts as a flash drive, review what you scanned, cut and paste to where you want it on your hard drive.
Now if the product doesn't break down, I will be happy with my purchase.
Hope this helps you if you are thinking about getting one of these scanners.
Murphy

o

Hello All. Please let me know if you have any other questions about the Magic Wand II. I will be happy to answer them for you. All wands from Vupoint are now available on our website, not just HSN.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vupoint Magic Wand Website

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here