Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Virus Many eeek

Posted by sugar_fl (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 20:57

Last nite I was messing around & one letter went on several times.. I do that often. A popup came one which looked like the real thing & said if I would hold down the shift button a few seconds that would stop it. like an idiot I did that. I had to reboot to type again I has to reboot. It seemed OK except it seemed a little slower loading pages.
Then when I turned the PC on today the SuperAntispyware came on with what I'm showing U from a print screen.
I sure hope I am not in too much trouble on here.
It deleted them & I did another scan & it showed clean BUT avast won't work now. I have rebooted & everything. What can I do about it & why is it not working. I don't like being on here without a virus detector.

I sure hope I'm not in too much trouble..
Dar

Going to scan now with malwarebytes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Virus Many eeek

Post the malwarebytes log.

You really should visit landzdown for more thorough scans.

o

It has come out clean from both SAS & MWB.. here is MWB
log:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.12.21.18

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
Darlene :: DARLENE-HP [administrator]

12/21/2012 8:02:31 PM
mbam-log-2012-12-21 (20-02-31).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\:)
Scan options enabled: Memory : Startup : Registry : File System : Heuristics/Extra : Heuristics/Shuriken : PUP : PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 388749
Time elapsed: 47 minute(s), 35 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

HOW do I get avast to start working? I don't like going without anything. Could I have gotten the virus from holding down the shift key or could they have been false all along?
Dar

o

What do you mean Avast does not work? What is the error or what's going on with it.

o

in the bar next to the little monitor it has a X on it. I click on the icon & get
..insecure, your system is not protected.. when I click on the FIX button nothing happens.

o

What happens when you right click on it, what options do you get? Have you tried rebooting the computer.

o

It has open user avast interface..avast shield control..I click on that & get enable all shields (8)click on that & nothing happens.
Yes I left awhile & turned it off completely. & will again when I go to bed.

o

Can you do this,

DDS is a program that will scan your computer and create logs that can be used to display various startup, configuration, and file information from your computer.

The program will also display information about the computer that will allow us to quickly ascertain whether or not malware may be running on your computer.

To use DDS, simply download the executable and save it to your desktop or other location on your computer. You should then double-click on the DDS.scr icon to launch the program. DDS will then start to scan your computer and compile the information found into two log files. When DDS has finished it will launch the two Notepad windows that display the contents of these log files. The contents of these log files can then be attached to a reply.

See link for download

Here is a link that might be useful: DDS

o

Zep,
I think I may have found the answer..I'm going to bed now but will take care of this tomorrow. Be sure to see Message #15 also. We will see what happens tomorrow. gonna turn off my computer over nite.
Dar

http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/7184-trojanagentgen-siggen-trojanagentgen-agent-trojanagentgen-agentsmall/

o

Dar you need to make sure that your superantispyware has the latest definitions, and if you let it to remove those files you will need to uninstall avast then reinstall, if you just had it quarantine them you can go into the vault and restore them.
Before you do the avast make certain that you do have the latest definitions for sas.

That was a bad update on sas and caused some major problems.

o

Boy am I having problems..
I removed Avast with the uninstaller.
I downloaded it with NINITE. I had to go to the net to register. The icon on my desktop will not open so how do I put in the key if I ever get it? I registered almost an hour ago but haven't received it yet.I'm sitting here with no protection.
I have the paid version of SAS as I kept forgetting to update it. Right now I'm not very happy with SAS right now.
I hope I don't have to uninstall it to but mite have to.

o

WHEW... I finally got Avast working.
It looks like SAS is OK. I sure hope they don't do something like that again.
From now on I'll let things stay in the vault..at least for awhile.
It sure is good to see that little ball turning instead of an X.
Thanks for the help.
Dar

o

you can always use Microsoft security essentials instead of avast. I always put things in the vault just for this reason.

o

Raven,
You missed my post just ahead of yours. After deleting Avast SAFELY & then reinstalling it everything is working.
Dar

o

MSE has gotten some bad ratings recently, so I'm removing it on my Win 7 laptop and replacing with AVAST which I have used for several years on my XP. Since I have SAS and Malwarebytes also, I don't really need a suite-type program anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here