Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung Galaxy 2 7" accessory questions

Posted by idabean (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 20:28

It is a programmed work tablet and we mostly tap answers.
But it is massively inefficient for written answers and required narratives. I am no professional, but I do use a keyboard the correct way and make far fewer typos with a keyboard than with a touch screen.
(it also has the usual apps: pandora,google,gmail etc which I use all the time)

I want a non-gel keyboard, stand, cover for the galaxy 2. 7.0 Ideally:
It has to be light: I carry too much stuff already
Easy to set up. No time for fooling around with difficult ports, stands that don't stand (like the crappy Belkin they gave us)

ergonomically correct (or approaching it)
I have a bum wrist and neck. My wrist does not like hours of the point and tap position . So far, a stylus helps some but it requires some force and my wrist complains after a while)

And price points: I have to pay this for myself. I don't mind bargain hunting on Amazon. I'd like to spend $50 or less

Question: when a programmed tablet is plugged into a keyboard, how does the screen correlate to the keyboard? For instance, Does the kdyboard down arrow move down a list of check boxes on the program screen?

Zaggtouchfolio (or somesuch name) for apple gets good reviews, but I can't figure out an effective search for what I need.They definitely lean towards Apple.

Thank you if you are able to make some suggestions.
any information or thoughts are certainly welcome.

Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung Galaxy 2 7" accessory questions

Your frustrations sound similar to mine.
You don't want an app for that. But I would think you can obtain a keyboard -- purchase; or get from employer? -- that you can plug into the tablet. (Some are thin and so flexible they can be rolled up.)

Perhaps your employer can help with that?

If not, go to your local electronic gadget store such as BestBuy, Office Depot, etc. -- go on a weekday when it's slow and personnel can take time to answer your questions.

Take your tablet with you, and tell them what you want to do.

o
RE: Samsung Galaxy 2 7" accessory questions

I have a wireless keyboard for my iPad that I got several months ago on Amazon. It's thin and light, and the construction is decent. It was only $20 and it's still working fine. If you click on the link below, you'll see that a lot of people have reviewed it and it gets decent marks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anker keyboard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here