Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pc health boost

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 19:54

Has anyone tried this? IT poped up on my computer out of the blue skies.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pc health boost

You don't want to have that you should run an updated malwarebytes scan. It is not a good sign that it just showed up on your PC.

o

Did you install any applications recently? It very well could be malware, but it also could have piggy-backed as an offering with a legitimate installation. I'm seeing it a lot now.

DA

o

WOT lights up with red like a Christmas tree when you Google it...

Here is a link that might be useful: WOT Opinion

o

Here'sthe link for malwarebytes,use the Blue button. Update then run full scan. Ifyou already have it just update and run full scan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Malwarebytes

o

Thanks guys

o

To remove the program completely, simply go to your control panel, by clicking Start -> Control Panel-> add / remove or programs & features. Next select "PC HealthBoost" from the menu, and click "Uninstall" and follow the simple instructions.

The product / program is made by "Boost Software" or a division of that company.

It's basically a registry cleaner. I installed it to see what it does, it found 136 errors on my machine then it wanted me to register for removal of the errors, I'd guess it might ask for money at that point. It also created a registry run key entry so it would run at start up. I uninstalled it through the programs & features list.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here