SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

TDS vs. HughesNet.

mudlady_gw
12 years ago

Is there anyone on this list who has firsthand knowledge of both these companies? I have TDS and again, today, I ended up hanging up on them. But-- first I told them they hold their customers hostages because they specialize in areas with little or no competition, and that telling me their billing service is the problem is NOT an excuse because TDS chooses to stay with that service. My current e-mail statement says I owe them $301 but I was reassured that I really owe only $149.03. Huh? My bill should be around $112! I know HughesNet has a poor reputation but if it is one iota better than TDS I am going to switch. I have heard that satellite computer service has a couple second lag while the information bounces from earth to the satellite and back. Is this true? Is it any longer than the lag in my GPS? I currently have a very slow DSL. Ping tests are fair but moving from one page to the next is very slow, and it isn't my computer's fault. I am already stuck with a dish for TV and wonder if satellite computer is any worse than my TV. So, before I have a stroke I hope I can hear from someone who knows just how awful each company is. I am still considering Verizon 4G LTE but I lack confidence because my cell phone gets only one strength bar inside and outside my house.

Thanks, Nancy

Comments (9)