Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question re: IE9

Posted by genes (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 16:34

This has been bothering me for quite some time..In IE7, to extend the opened page borders, you would click and drag the left and right borders to where you wanted them, then the upper and lower borders, then click on file>Exit then IE 7 would remember that the next window you opened..Doesnt work that way for IE9..I do use other browsers (Chrome and Firefox) occassionally but wanted to sort this out with IE9..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question re: IE9

Worked with me.. now IE10 on win7 .. works same . I always use the red X to close,, sometimes it wont remember after running some cleanup.. forget... and then I will have to open several windows on top of each other and close them all, with that red x. Then its back to OK.

o

What version of IE9 are you using? Open IE click Help, About and post the version number.

o

Dont know what happened to my reply..must be that two stage posting (Preview then Submit)..hate that..
IE9 ver 9.0.8112.16421

o

That was in my reply as well, the big red x doesnt work..when I reopen IE. the borders do not retain the size that I pulled them out to..left side OK, top OK, right is about 1/2 inch from full and bottom is about an inch

o

Try this procedure...
Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

this is another method you can try
Open a new Internet Explorer window.
Without using the maximize button, drag the corners of the window until it completely fills the screen or it's the size you prefer.
While holding down the Ctrl key, click on the menu File : Close. (Note: Do not use the [X] in the upper right corner to close the window.)
Open a new Internet Explorer window. This time, the window should be the same size as you last had closed it.

for me the first method usually works

o

Rc... Again this double stage posting let me down...neither of those two worked....I had thought I answered this days ago

o

Googling it brings up over 3 million hits, how can MS have messed up such a seemingly simple operation. There seems no answer, even a couple of registry tweaks I read about seemed to have failed to correct this.

I am now in the same situation after having dismantled my 22inch monitor to replace 2 blown capacitors. The computer now remembers the 19 inch settings and it gets slightly more than aggravating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here