Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What music software are you using

Posted by loralee (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 16:31

I just bought a new computer and had the shop install a Windows 7 software. I didn't want to deal with 8 just yet.

I have been using Music Jutebox for years. I understand it is no longer being produced. The version I have been using will not work on this new computer with windows 7.

I like to add my cds to the computer to listen too. And in Music Match from the list I could burn and pick up songs I wanted on my CD or just listen to songs in my list

What do you use?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What music software are you using

You had "the shop" install Win 7? That sounds like an odd arrangement.

Many people use Itunes for music, I'd say it's suitable up for anyone to use including less experienced users. If you have an Iphone, you're no doubt already Itunes for other things, so include music too.

o

I had a computer shop build me a computer. I have been using this computer business for more than 20 years.

I do not have have cell phone it would only work when I drove into the city. They do not work in the country where we live.

o

For all round general purposes I use VLC Media Player as the primary, and Win Amp as a secondary.

DA

o

Another VLC user here for many years.

o

Yeah, hard to go wrong with VLC. I have it on all my machines, both Windows and Linux and use it almost exclusively for video.

However...

For audio, in Windows, I rip with "Exact Audio Copy", and play with "Foobar2000".

For audio, in Linux, I rip with "Rubyripper", and play with "DeadBeef".

If I had to pick just one thing to use though, yeah, "VLC" for sure.

o

Thank you for taking the time to give your input.

I was using this for videos on my other computer and had used Music match for my music.

o

I went through the exact same change last year...new computer windows 7 and Music Match didn't work. I also searched for a music program that would do what MM did, finally determined that the Windows media player already installed on the new computer was the best bet. Somehow I got all my music transferred to new computer and loaded into the media player. Sorry, but I don't remember how I did it....I did have to "correct" a lot of the titles in media player but now that it is done, I can play music on my computer and burn cd's in a flash. Granted it was a major learning curve to go from XP to Windows 7 and then to find that a lot of my favorite programs ie.Music Match didn't work with 7 and I had to learn a whole new way to do the things I used to do without even thinking about it. I am still in that curve but it is much better now. BTW I am 65, so I totally sympathize with you.
I even asked here for help and someone referred me to the Windows 7 forum....lots of help there. Look down to the Music, Pictures, Video forum for info on the Media Player..
Good luck and be patient....you learned Music Match you can learn Media Player.
Murphy

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.sevenforums.com/

o

Thank you for the link to the windows 7 forums.

Just this week I am back to trying to finish up with the computer. So I am now ready to tackle the music issue.

I think I will stick with the Windows Media player. I have not used it yet.

All my music is still on the new computer. So I guess its just a matter of learning windows media. Hopefully by Monday I can get back to the computer.

I really appreciate this site and the knowledge that everyone shares.

I think I have been a member for perhaps 20 years here.

Even back in the days when we had to pay to come here. But, it was worth it.
Murphy, each new Windows is a new learning curve for me but it keeps our brain young, right?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here