Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How can I post a video from my smart phone to forums?

Posted by dorothy_oahu (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 16:27

I have a Samsung Gallaxy S II. I can post it on Facebook but don't know to do so elsewhere. I can download photos from there and post them in other forums but not videos. Thlanks for any help.
I am 72 and my vision is fading so it's hard for me to look some things up.

I don't know what Photobucket has done lately but I hate it. I can't delete or upload anything now either nor can I find any instructions there..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How can I post a video from my smart phone to forums?

Gardenweb doesn't have an "upload video" feature so really there's no easy way to do it.

Youtube provides HTML5 embed code but it uses the "i frame"(without the space, even the word is blocked here) tag which is blocked in the forums(although not in your "my page").

I don't know of a site that allows you to upload a video and provides code that uses the HTML5 "video" tag. But I really haven't searched, maybe one exists?

Even then, the video would only be visible by those using an HTML5 capable browser.

So yeah, it's possible but neither easy nor reliable, at least not yet.

Christmas Comes But Once a Year (1936), Public Domain.

It would probably be easier to link to the video instead of trying to make it viewable here?

o

Good find Chuggerguy, thanks :~)

o

Thanks, Chuggerguy.

o

You're welcome.

BTW, the code for the above video is:

<video controls poster="http://bcdbimages.s3.amazonaws.com/paramount/xmax_comes.jpg" style="width:550px;height:100%;">
<source src="http://archive.org/download/ChristmasComesButOnceAYear-1936/CC-Christmas_Comes_But_Once_A_Year-512K.mp4">
<source src="http://archive.org/download/ChristmasComesButOnceAYear-1936/CC-Christmas_Comes_But_Once_A_Year-512K.ogv">
Sorry, your browser does not support the HTML5 video tag.
</video>

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here