Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Printing problem

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 21, 11 at 15:37

I'm frustrated to tears here ... right side of the pages are getting cut of when printing internet pages. It happens in Firefox and Explorer. Even when I change to Landscape. I tried converting the page to .pdf and it still cuts off the right side of the page. Have tried removing the margins.
I have to print out Medicare claims histories for clients and the two columns on the right side of the page (what I need) is cut off. HELP? I must have 50 sheets of paper in the trash can from trying different things. ARGH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Printing problem

Have you tried to copy the text from the web page and paste it into a Word document? In any case, I think you should be using the Print Preview to see what its going to look like before you actually try to print it...rather than wasting ink & paper.

o

I used print preview and it looked fine (in landscape) but still didn't print the last two columns. Tried copying to Word, but it came out all wonky with goofy symbols, columns didn't line up, etc..

o
RE: Printing problem 2

Try selecting Paste Special and paste it as unformatted text. Maybe you'll be able to line up your columns manually.

o

You might try this method:

Open the Internet page you want to print. Select

File \ Page Setup \ put a tick in Enable shrink-to-fit

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here