Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tablets

Posted by genes (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 19, 11 at 15:30

RC, any decent little 7" tablets out there that you have seen on CG with Android 2.3 or better for a steal???
Think I finally got the 10" Flytouch 3 working the way it was supposed to with a hard reset to factory..Still not a whiz with androic like I imagine you are...lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tablets

well I just ordered the other day this one which is a refurb but if you go to amazon and some of the other sites with user reviews you will see it has a good over all review. It is an 8" size. It has a 1Ghz processor rather than the 8. Not a dual core but at least more powerful.
Plus it has the higher resolution and does a lot of interesting other stuff.
Vizio 8-inch LED 4 GB Tablet Computer (Refurbished) w/ free Folio Case

8-inch VIZIO Tablet (VTAB1008)

o

Looks good, kinda rich for a little toy..lol...should have mentioned, I am in Canada so that creates some problems with online ordering from some of those stores (including Amazon)...Not in any big rush, so maybe I will keep my eyes open and China Grabber may have some good deals soon..Thats where I got the Flytouch..since the reset, its actually doing pretty good..biggest complaint so far with it is the wifi reception distance..not very good...Will have to try hooking up the GPS antenna and see if I can get rid of that Shanghi location..bugs the crap out of me...

o

my sylvania has the Shanghi location but I set it in the settings and after a brief time at the boot up it then switches and gives the correct location and time and weather but it does always start on boot with the original location info.

Well I just got a notice that the Vizio is now at Buy.com for $179.99
VIZIO

China Grabber always has a good selection I was going to get one from there but then I saw some info on the vizio and decided to give it a try. Hopefully they will do an update to it in th future to 3.0.

I have seen a few that had a mash up with 2.3 and 3.0, interface was 3.0 the rest 2.3.

I know from what I have read the launcher for the vizio is not the best so I will probably go with a launcher from the market like launcher pro.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here