SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luis_pr

Windows 8 Questions

luis_pr
10 years ago

I already asked these questions eons ago but I stopped using my Windows 8 PC with touch because it was too different and hard to use. I am stuck today at home due to freezing weather so I thought I would turn the PC on and let it update software. But...

once I touch the IE Square and it starts IE, how do I turn IE off when I am done using it? I was going to just power off the PC (my previous way to turn off applications in W8). The IE Window does not have an 'X' in the upper right hand corner anymore and I can't remember what was I told.

I cannot find Windows Update. Where is it now and what is it called? In my XP SP3 Pro, there used to be a Safety Menu that contained Windows Update.

There is no obvious way to restart the computer. Some of the software updates have instructed me to restart the PC when done but I do not know how so I was going to power it off. The XP SP3 Pro way had a Start Bar, I would click at the top of the Start Bar and a pair of buttons would appear that said Log Off or Turn Off Computer.

This post was edited by luis_pr on Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 15:33

Comments (5)