SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandms

Blue screen message

grandms
12 years ago

I turned on my computer and walked away for several minutes. Came back to a blue screen and a message re: "Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_or_EQUAL" At the end was something to the effect of a memory dump. Anyway, the message said if this was the first time for the message, to shut down and restart. Otherwise, restart in Safe Mode and check any software recently installed. I tried to start in Safe Mode but it just converted back to the regular startup screen, so I tried again and chose "Last known good configuration" this time. I had been using some software yesterday that I had downloaded some time ago, so I did uninstall that. Everything seems to be working fine, except for not being able to get into Safe Mode. When I try, it starts the list of drivers and then stops and goes no further. Then the screen goes black, and the computer restarts normally. I had noticed this problem several weeks ago, but didn't have time to pursue a solution at that time. So if someone could help me troubleshoot this, I would appreciate it. I cannot get into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking. Thanks for any help.

Comments (55)