Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to email a web sight.

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 2, 11 at 13:57

There was a time you could email a sight to a friend .How can I do it now.?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to email a web sight.

you just copy the url address from the address bar while on that website and paste it into the email you are sending it will be a link to that website.

o

I 'Right Click' when I am on the page that I want to send and in the drop down menu I click on "Send Link By Email".

If that option doesn't show when you right click, I can tell you how to put it in the menu.

o

I usded to right click and send by email but it:s no longer listed.show me.

o

goldy-
Ok...just go to the top of the page; put the cusrsor anywhere on the address; right-click and select "Copy"; then paste it into your email.

Does that work?

o

Unless I just am overlooking it I don't see what e-mail you are using.

My Thunderbird, like most other on-board clients, lets me just right click on the page and select "Send Link" from the drop down menu. Thunderbird will then appear with the link in the body and only requiring me to address the e-mail.

An on-line e-mail account would require the copy and paste as previously advised.

DA

o

I am now using mozilla fox and I can send a web page but I have a problem the print is so small and I can't find where to make it larger.I have bad eye site .Please help.

o
Font Size

In firefox, click on "Tools" and in the drop down click on "Options".

You will see .. Default Font: and "Times New Roman" in a box.

To the right of that box you will see SIZE and a number.

Click on that little box and a drop down will come up that allows you to pick the font size.

60 is REALLY BIG! LOL

Other than that, why not hold down the Ctrl key and use the mouses scroll wheel to make the letters bigger or smaller?

o

goldy-
Download the NoSquint Add-on for Firefox. It takes about 30 seconds to download and install. It will give you all the control you want over size of type and size of pictures. You'll end up with a plus and minus button added to your browser bar, and that's it. This add-on will also remember the various size settings you choose for different sites you visit; this means the pages will automatically adjust to whatever you previously chose for each of them so you don't have to readjust them each time you visit a site.

Here is a link that might be useful: NoSquint

o

This website is the best and the people here are so helpful ,they come up with stuff I never heard of and it works.thanks for your quick helpful response."NO Squint"took care of my sight problem and Things are looking up and much brighter.

o

Instead of 'nosquint', why doesn't holding down the Ctrl key and using the mouse scroll wheel do the same?

I thought that this was standard on all OS's?

Why not increase the font size in tools like I suggested?

Just curious as to why you need to add software to do the same thing?

o

With NoSquint you can zoom the whole page or just the text size. You can also change text and link and background colors and other thing.

o

goldy-
Glad you tried NoSquint and it worked for you. Even people with near perfect eyesight have problems with some badly designed web sites. For those of us who aren't 20 anymore, this little, simple add-on is great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here