Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blue 'start sharing' band on Google ?

Posted by jannaz (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 7, 11 at 13:40

I don't want to "start sharing" anything!!!! I would very much like that darned invitation to just go away. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? (It says "click here to start sharing on Google")

Thanks
Jann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blue 'start sharing' band on Google ?

Share what ?

o

Here's what Jann is referring to:

Jann, If you use Firefox or Chrome the Remove it Permanently extension will get rid of it for you.

o

Bob, thank you for the tip (and the link, and the picture!). I'll give it a try.

Am I just getting crochety, or does it seem ironic (and annoying) when you have to add an extenstion in order to get rid of something you didn't want in the first place?

Thanks,
J

o

that is for the new Google+ it is similar to facebook but you would have to join in and set up your own Google+ account so don't worry about it unless you have done that.

o

I was annoyed I had to update to the new gmail without having a choice. I don't like the new format and couldn't find a way around it. I don't like being forced into something like that.

Jane

o

when you are dealing with programs that are free for our use you have to understand you may have to accept the changes they want to make. They are more worried about how things work for them not so much how they work for us, there is of course always the option to pay for something you like better and have more say over, no guarantees they will listen either though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here