SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigrig0424

need help with network

bigrig0424
11 years ago

i am not that dump with it comes to computers but this prop has got me. i had a network setup. between a laptop and a main pc. my laptop went down and i re-installed the o.s.
it is running windoes vista home basic. i just rebuild another computer and went to add to my network. i want to hood to my tv and stream movies to it. it is running vista home prem. now my main computer is running windows 7 home prem. all are set with the same workgroup name with is workgroup. ya i know oringinal. lol. anyway the prop is as followes. my laptop ip is 192.168.1.111, my tv-pc as i call it is 192.168.1.126, now my main pc runing windows 7 is 192.168.0.2. my laptop will talk to the tv pc and visa versa. but it will not see my main pc. i can ping my main pc just fine from my laptop and my pc-tv. but i can not ping from my main pc to either the laptop or tv-pc. when i try most of the time i get request timmed out. sometimes i get sent 4 pkg. 1 received. 75% lost. i thought this might be a prop with my firewall. so i shut it down. same prop. why can i ping my main pc. put i can not ping from my main pc. out. not understanding something. thinks for any help in advance.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Koura Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Virginia's Top Choice for Reliable General Contractors