SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cowhorncreek

Speaking of printer problems...

I want to share what happened here with my Epson Workforce 645 printer. I noticed that Costco offered a service to fill empty ink cartridges for printers. I had to have one cartridge and decided to try the refill. What an experience!!! My recommendation is that anyone who has an Epson printer never use anything but the Epson ink cartridges.

After installing the newly filled cartridge, the printer sensed that it was not an Epson cartridge; I told it to use it anyway. Big mistake. The printer would not work after that. It took approximately an hour to even get the container holding the ink cartridges to a position so that the "offensive" cartridge could be removed.

My daughter then went to Staples and purchased the Epson cartridge. Even after installing it, we had to do a lot of working with settings, etc., to get the d....d printer to work - about 3 hours. That time and aggravation was not even close to being worth the few dollars saved on having the ink cartridge refilled. This will be my one and only experience with using refilled ink cartridges.

I am going to try to get my money back at Costco.

Just wanted to let y'all know.

Comments (13)