Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
verizon router will not work

Posted by dkeel (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 12:14

I have Verizon FIOS with a M1424WR router. I recently put another computer in my shop and did not have any luck with wireless internet so I bought another M142WR router. I cannot get this one to work.The orange light is on which means there is no internet. Both computers work fine with the original router and when both routers are connected, neither one works. Does this new router have to be activated by Verizon or is it broken or is there something else that has to be done???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: verizon router will not work

No experience with FIOS. Is a modem involved? I've needed a password for the modem to connect to the internet before and suppose you would need one if the router doesn't hook up to a modem that's already connected.

o

back when I had fios I had a router special to fios which had firmware dedicated to fios. That was the only one used.
I don't know if it has changed, you can check out the verizion fios forum at dsl reports they have lots of verizon techs that hang there.

Here is a link that might be useful: forum

o

Doesn't Verizon offer technical support? There's a troubleshooting guide for the router linked below

Here is a link that might be useful: Verizon Router

o

Just went to fios from dsl.

Same router.

Had some problems at first and they were all because I didn't know what I was doing.

Email me at dollarstwocents@gmail.com (A throwaway addy spammers) and I'm sure that I can help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here