Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This website & Malwarebytes' Incompatibility

Posted by thunderboltlee (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 20, 10 at 12:03

I have had to switch to Mozilla Firefox as my browser.

Every time I access THIS website ... my Malwarebytes' software alert appears in lower right hand corner of my monitor. I also get an 11 character numerical.
The warning states: "Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website."

It then takes between 20 and 30 seconds to access anything on this website ... any page, any post, returning to previous page, etc.

It is frustrating and it has me concerned.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any response.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This website & Malwarebytes' Incompatibility

I would go to the malwarebytes forum and post there telling them what is happening to let them know and they may be able to help you. It could have to do with all the changes GW has been making and all the new ads.

Malwarebytes Forum

o

Thank you, Ravencajun, for responding and providing the link to the Malwarebytes forum.

And, yes, I get a lot of pop-up ads from this website -- far more than any other website I visit.

o

thunderboltlee-
If you are using Firefox -- as I am -- you should just install the add-on AdBlockPlus and then add EasyList to it. It will make the ads go away, and -- though I can't guarantee it -- maybe Malwarebytes will quit responding that way if you block those ads. To add these things, go to the EasyList page (which has a link to AdBlockPlus), get AdBlockPlus installed, and then come back to add the EasyList subscription. All free, all fast to do.

Here is a link that might be useful: EasyList

o

I second what kudzu9 says, as I too have Firefox, Malwarebytes, and Adblock Plus with Easylist and don't have any ads or problems.

Sue

o

I'm curious. I have always used Adblock Plus but didn't know about EasyList. I just subscribed and notice the Privacy List. Is that one worth getting?

Thanks for the link,
Jane

o

I always get both easylist and easyprivacy

o

thunderboltlee-Just wondering: I have had the exact same problem for several weeks. I've updated my Malwarebyte's anti-malware program, installed Adblock Plus with EasyList, and I still get that same message ("successfully blocked" etc.) I was gone (without this computer) for about 10 days, but here we are back again with no improvement. Did you ever resolve this? Anyone else with any other ideas?
TIA

o

If you've got the full version run the update it works fine, also to anyone thinking of upgrading I suggest you do as its great protection, the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program will work fine if you simply right click on the icon and click allow IP on this site. Other than that I highly recommend you do upgrade, for those thinking ive linked to a site were you can get a discount incase anyone is intrested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Malwarebytes Coupon

o

Call me over careful if you wish as I am leery of the above post. It's that old apprehension caused by someone just appearing out-of-nowhere with a non-specific e-mail address to a non-specific domain, and the member name in black. Plus the presented, "linked to a site" in regards to a commercial offer rather than directly to Malwarebytes just doesn't set well.

DA

o

Yup, a real live spammer. I'll bet the OP was just waiting for that post to arrive over 3 months later.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here