Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a way to email a several minute video?

Posted by lynnalexandra (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 11:24

My daughter had a piano solo in her school's winter concert. It happened to have been broadcast on the education access tv network. So we recorded it on our tivo. I can edit it so we have just the video of her solo. I think I can convert it to mpeg format.

So is there a way to get it into a file form that could be sent/attached in an email? She does not want to post it on youtube and send friends and family a link. She'd doesn't want others to view it (and while she's knowledgable about youtube, facebook and privacy, she seemed clear she didn't want them posted there).

This has actually come up in other contexts as well. So if there's a way to send a few minute video, I'd love to know. For that matter, is there a way to send a longer video? perhaps 30-60 minutes?

Thank you.
Lynn.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a way to email a several minute video?

I'd possibly look at one of the free file hosting services, several of which are listed in this (probably outdated but maybe still useful) CNET article: How to save and share ridiculously large files

Personally, I'd probably use MediaFire assuming the file isn't over 200 meg. but that's only because I already have an account there. :)

Concerning Youtube, has she considered "unlisted?

o
RE: Is there a way to email a several minute video?

Thanks, Chuggerguy.

The unlisted video is an interesting idea. That little video taught me about private, public and unlisted. While I view youtube and have an account, I've never uploaded video. So I suppose I can upload video - but those grandparents without a youtube account couldn't see a private one - just an unlisted one.

The article for sharing large files is interesting. I'd be curious about what's current - although I guess I can upload the video to my dropbox. I know how to share a dropbox link - just didn't know I could upload video.

This is a great start and may be all I need for this one piano piece. But I"m still interested in any other ideas as I can see that sharing video is going to be increasingly desirable.

Thanks.
Lynn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here