SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

W8 PC Access to Cell Phone Pics

jerry_nj
10 years ago

I come here after a "fruitless" search of the "Web"... hope I'm not too far off the purpose of this forum.

I have a simple AT&T (go phone - prepay) Cell Phone (Christmas 2013) model Z222 (no indication of the mfg). It includes a low resolution camera, and just the normal Cell Phone keyboard (not a smart phone).

Maybe I don't have a Windows 8 Cell Phone, maybe the ZTE that popped up is the path forward... welcome any pointers to an AT&T Go Phone Community.

I took a test picture, very simple. I then used a micro USB to connect the phone to my W8 Laptop and the connection offered me a "ZTE" application which when installed got me nowhere. On the Web I found that Microsoft W8 supports W8 Cell Phones and I downloaded from MS and think I just got an update. Still no connection with the cell phone. I can stop by the AT&T store and ask but would welcome any pointers for here.

I note the Cell Phone sequence: menu > settings > connections offers only [Bluetooth, Access point settings, Modem settings, Profile connect] there is on mention of a "PC".

Thanks and Happy New Year

Comments (17)