Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anything better than Hulu?

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 11:04

Is there anything better than Hulu for free tv online? I have tried Hulu, but there is nothing 'new'.
I found a thread here from June, for Fox but the page isn't here anymore.(page cannot be found). I do not have cable, and cannot use an antennae here in the condo. Tell me what there is, if anything. I soon miss the news and evening shows. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anything better than Hulu?

o

cbs.com has several current programs and dozens of archived programs. I watch yesterdays Letterman, Ferguson and one of the procedural dramas on cbs. com, often without commercials.

All the major networks have some, 48 hours, 20/20 and Dateline are available at the network sites.

Netflex has much, much TV, some streaming and some on disk. I think that unlimited streaming and one disk is still available for about $8.99. I think you can still try one free month. They may have some current stuff too. Finding stuff on Netflix may be complicated until you learn your way around but then you can find hundreds and thousands of titles.

Since you say you were watching Fox you probably don't care for MSNBC and CNN but if you Google these with ~ tv, live, streaming ~ you can find a half dozen urls. One site starting with za[somehting] is usually quite good.

Oh, almost forgot, get an RCA ANT700R antenna at Walmart. You can try it for 30 days and if you don't like it take it back for a full refund. We get about 29 channels using it as an indoor antenna.

This post was edited by albert_135 on Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 15:39

o

If I miss something on ABC, CBS or NBC I can watch it online the next day. Same with some other shows I am into like Melissa and Joey, See dad run on nick at night. Heck I wanted to watch some past episodes of the bachelor and bachelorette and I watched them on youtube, same with a few other old shows I found on there.

I subscribe to netflix streaming. $7.99 a month but that doesn't get me any DVD rentals just unlimited streaming. I don't believe they have anything with streaming and 1 DVD rental. You can get something like 2hrs a month streaming for $4.99. I love it and watch something almost every night on my kindle fire with the app. Mary

o

Raven, a question. http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/ I'm assuming this is a safe site as are the others. My son is interested in some old shows and noted the site asked him to download something. Want to play it safe.

Jane

o

I have used that site and never had any problems. I scan with malwarebytes once a week anyway just to make sure. I don't have to download anything to watch the stuff there.

I click the link for the show I want then on the next page pick what episode I want to watch. Then the player shows up and there is an add on top of it that I can X out of and then the show plays. Where it says at the top of the player download with the green arrows don't click that and just ignore. Mary

o

you don't want to download or install anything there's no need to, really pay attention as acraftylady says you don't click on those download links the are ads trying to trick you.

pick the show then the episode choose one of the links to watch from if that one doesn't work try the next one.

o

Here is one example, it says close add and watch as free user then another time I had an add over top and there was a little x in the upper right to get it off there to start the video. Sometimes I do get a pop up add on the desktop when viewing the site I have to delete but I have never gotten anything of harm. Mary

o

Well, we both read the screen carefully and he still wound up with AOL Toolbar. Before we read the responses we clicked on 'download' (thinking you had to download the video). We got the show to work but with the addition of AOL. Plus, Win Patrol keeps popping up saying AOL Toolbar wants to be in Start-Up.

He likes the old episodes of Jag (he was in the Navy) so he's thrilled to see the show. We'll deal with AOL tomorrow.

Thanks acraftylady and Raven for the clear instructions. We did everything you both said 'not to do'!

Merry Christmas...

Jane

o

Uninstall AOL Toolbar

Here is a link that might be useful: Uninstall AOL Toolbar

o

it will always be the smallest non obtrusive link on the page the big colorful ones are tempting ads made to fool you. Some will have you type in a capcha to prove you are human.

o

I too had trouble with the online tv sites that you listed. I was never able to watch any.

o

Sidereel I don't like. I see links and when I click I never see anything to watch just listed epidsaodes so I don't understand that site. Mary

o

I was watching the Janet evanovich movie on that site last night it was great quality, I had to try a couple different links till I found a great one.

o

My problem is what ever I am searching fro there is no actual video to watch it just shows me an episode list, will have to try again. Mary

o

Just wanted to update. Except for the AOL Toolbar, it works great. Since the initial setting up, he has watched 3 episodes without any ads. The toolbar is easy to get rid of.

Thanks for the help and the site.

Jane

o

acraftylady, okay click on the link provided above for free tv video site, on the page that opens on the tv show list is big bang theory click on that, it opens to the episodes page for the show. Okay now click on the very first one, special 1,that opens a new page, on that page go to the second listing, special episode one hosted at shockshare, click right where it says shockshare, that will open the viewer, there you will see a banner that says close ad and view as free user click that, the video will then begin. Not every one will show you the same banners over the viewer as you can see in the example shown above and you have to really pay attention in some cases to ensure you click the right thing.
try it out see if you can get it playing.

o

Ever notice that the most of the movies offered on these sites are the same ones in the $5.00 barrel at Walmart.

DA

o

Might be best to start looking for alternative sources, free or commercial, as things are not looking stable for Hulu.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: MSN.com

o

Posted by damccoy (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 24, 12 at 8:27

Ever notice that the most of the movies offered on these sites are the same ones in the $5.00 barrel at Walmart.

DA

Ever notice that the movies offered on these sites cost $5 less than the same ones at WallMart?

Ever notice that the OP query was about TV?

Ever notice that Hulu is always in the news?

o

Interesting. I haven't been struck out since I was in little league.

The Walmart reference is to the quality of the movies available on these sites not the TV programming or the source itself. With so many options, and unfortunately much of the content pathetic, that has to be determined by the viewer.

Never gave too much thought to Hulu as I am all too busy with things more important. I just stumbled on the shared link today as I was reading the news.

2+2=4

DA

This post was edited by damccoy on Mon, Dec 24, 12 at 19:50

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here